Thread: Extension Manager just crashes

Extension Manager just crashes

Hello guys ! I didn't worked with the configurator before and as a newbie for configurator, I haven't managed to use such type of downloaded panels yet. Ever time, when I used to click on an mxp file, the extensions manager launched and then after suddenly got quits with a 'quit unexpectedly' message . I have installed the Leopard 10.5.4 on an intel machine. Photoshop CS4 trial version . Could anyone have any idea about this or something doing wrong ?

Re: Extension Manager just crashes

Hi Gimelstob ,I can't say you anything properly about this. I would like to investigate such issues but could you please provide some related information at first regrading this issue ? Please post the answers of the following questions :

1: Which mxp do you use ? if you are unable to attach the mxp here, can you transfer this as an attachment into the email message ?
    2: What version of Extension Manager(2.0 or 2.1) you are using currently.
    3: When you are clicking the mxp, is the ExMan opened before or not ?

Thank you so much for such reply and considering on my question.This is the answers of those question asked by you to fix the issue.

1: It doesn't make sense for me which mxp I use, it always crashes, Actually I have used about five
    2: I am not sure about the version stated there but there was a version 2,the installation performed version 1.8 automatically - I have downloaded it recently , and the 2.1 patch and will allow you get the status of my progress.
    3 Yeah, I have tried to go with this already and pre-launching extens manager and skipping the mxp to open it up. Both cause Extensions manager to go for the crashing .

According to me, a combination of uploading Extensions Manager 2.1 and again downloading few mxp's would solve the issues occurred.

I am not getting actually about which you are talking about I mean by uploading Extension Manger 2.1,you meant re-installation ? Mine would not allow me to go for the re-installation of 2.1. It crashes all the time when I come to use this .It doesn't matter what and there assumes to be no solution but it's specifically a issue ..

So, I would now just curious for an update to release . You would consider that they had allow the installer to perform the re-installation of the newly released version if something gets bunged up.

I am getting the similar issues. I have installed EM 2 on OS X 10.5.6 CS4, but it got crashes just after opening this. That is very bad luck for me , I am not getting any method to repair the application. I even tried to load this from suggests installation disk but the application switched into gray color . I am able to select this if I select to make the re installation of Photoshop CS4 and Bridge, but it assumes as to be too much to ask currently . One more thing , a download from the Adobe website occurs me an error message saying that the application is already installed even after it has already been removed. According to me,a update will address repair of the application.

You easily are able to install the extensions with the manual way if you need to go for . You need to just check out where the recent installation done and stored them there.

I am not completely sure when an update will reach at that limit . Their big priority currently is to found Photoshop 100 percent cocoa. So that occupy the precedence. But actually it affects more than just Photoshop, so I think , somebody will consume some time to resolve this out .