Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Adobe Extension Manager doesn't install extension for Fireworks

Windows Software

Old 17-07-2010

Adobe Extension Manager doesn't install extension for Fireworks

I'm attepmting to install a grid extension for Fw. I tried to download it from two dissimilar basis and install it with the help of Extension Manager. Every time I attempt to do it I obtain the similar error mesage:
You do not encompass the suitable permissions necessary to carry out this operation. Contact your system administrator to attain permission. I'm with Windows Vista and I am the just user on this computer.

Old 17-07-2010

Re: Adobe Extension Manager doesn't install extension for Fireworks

I encompass the similar difficulty but I am through Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I am having administrator permissions and the alternative to right click and run as administrator does not subsist. What can I do now? I cannot put in any extensions currently. But I can install them for Dreamweaver although. I utilize Adobe CS4 Web Standard upgraded to the newest revisions.
Old 17-07-2010

I have the same problem but I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I do have administrator permissions and the option to right click and run as administrator does not exist. What can I do now? I cannot install any extensions now.... But I can install them for Dreamweaver though. I use Adobe CS4 Web Standard updated to the latest revisions.
Old 17-07-2010

For me I ultimately solved it by departing to the Adobe web site and downloading an upgrade for Extension Manager - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/d...in/AdobeExtens ionManager-2.1-mul-AdobeUpdate.zip. It is for Windows operating system however there is a Mac update there too. I hope this will help you. For me it resolved it as it was nothing to do through being logged on as an Adminstrator.
Old 17-07-2010

Hi, I am also suffering a comparable difficulty tiresome to install a multiplicity of extensions for fireworks. I handled to obtain past the permissions difficulty however it then flatly refuses to install any extensions. The given message displays comes up:
Can't copy file
'C:\Users\BCA\AppData\local\temp\SmartPunch-031_mxi\SmartPunch-031.mxi' to 'C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe\Adobe Fireworks CS4\Configuration\Extensions\SmartPunch-031.mxi'. The extension will not be installed
This occurs no matter any extension I used to install. I am using it on windows vista operating systems with the web premium cs4.
Any help anybody can provide me will be much esteemed!
Old 18-07-2010

This is not running for me either. I did re-download the newest version 2.1.112 and attempted once more, and will not install any fresh extensions at all! Actually I am an administrator user, and I did even attempted to singning out and back in as the default administrator user account and I am now also obtaining the similar message. Extensions for all different application runs fine. It's presently Fireworks.
Old 20-07-2010

Figured it out. I am using a Windows 7 operating system and fireworks cs4 also and was including this difficulty. in its place of attempting to run the personality extension exe as administrator, execute the extension manager as administrator and after that it the install key, ]select the extension you are looking to install and you have to be good to go.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,