Thread: Audio in rollover slidelets stopping in Presenter

Audio in rollover slidelets stopping in Presenter

I got a annoying issue when working with the Captivate flash interactions in Presenter. I made a slide presentation in Captivate that uses different roll-over slide lets. I have added some text-to speech audio within the slidelets (through the audio library in Captivate, because it is impossible to be done directly ).

Everything is going fine in the preview and even when published, the swf is getting played properly without any issues . I use the swf in my PPT slide and publish the same through the Adobe Presenter. When I received my swf from the presentation slide , the audio kept onto the slidelets got restricted after some times . It seems very strange , since the swf alone works properly = it must be something in the Adobe Presenter. I have installed the PowerPoint 2003. The slide time declared as 2 minutes to move so it definitely doesn't interfere with the flash. Did someone have the same issue ?

Re: Audio in rollover slidelets stopping in Presenter

I have searched about this issue and got a little more finally that Presenter is actually cutting some time from the end of the slidelet audio. It doesn't matter that how long the audio is , it always removes about one second from the deadline of the audio.

I think, I am able to go through workaround - find how long Presenter cuts actually and then after associate some text to the text-to-speech audio. My dilemma is that if Adobe resolves it obvious a issue , this would remove out my all of the audio on slidelets.

I think, you are only the user who is getting such type of issue entirely on this forum and you just done well and I think, it would be helpful for other users having the same issue. This problem might not be a issue only with the Presenter. In Captivate, the same thing is going on with the buttons which shows the textboxes with the audio attachment . The audio is being removed off , some times near about one second before it got stop. I have no idea but hope someone will help you here .

I am just evaluating the Captivate and Presenter both the components . Captivate's text-to-speech is so clean but I love to have Presenter templates so the activity would be to just importing the Captivate clips within the Presenter - but I am concerned about the possible issues with the text-to-speech import if they are running till ? Does some are sure if the Adobe made any comment about this very problem ?

The obvious thing would be to provide same functionality to make that active that I think might happen at some level.

In the initial stage of the thread,I got a necessary upgrade of Presenter 7. A single improvements is fine integration of CP-build SWF's in Presenter. Have you tried this earlier ? There is one of the features of CP which will not be facilitated within the Presenter, also treated as the right-click and double-click functionality. These aspects only proves to be feasible when the CP-movie is played from the associated HTML-file, and takes the support of JS-files to be played . It is not the scenario when running with the CP-SWF's wrapped within the the Presenter file.

I use quite a lot of composition of Presenter - CP-animations and the upgrade of Presenter fixed several problem like this . By the way, there was also an upgrade of CP4, in the last of May month I think . just make sure to perform the installation of both the upgrades suggested above .

Hi Appy so many thanks for this very kind help . No, I didn't go any such type of opportunity to go for the Presenter as yet with imported Captivate. I am just running with the recently released trial versions at the moment but the main thing for this is the necessity of text-speech - the integrity of which would require to be controlled on the import activity of the Presenter. If it's to be of use to me.

Thanks again ..

The Captivate CS4 has so many new features, specifically customizable widgets, project templates, and the text-to-speech. It facilitates you for frequent create complete software demos or PowerPoint slides with the advance quizzes and more than one branching destination with various input sources.The suite also has the Adobe Presenter for rapid creation of PowerPoint to getting conversions if required. Its the better one without any problems.

Importing of PowerPoint files has been specifically improved so that most properties are now retained.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly