Thread: Adobe survey crashed my browser

Adobe survey crashed my browser

I was just going through the adobe forums and suddenly i got one pop up offering to complete a survey on the Adobe site. I thought to complete it by going to the adobe's website so it requested to enable javascript, As soon as i clicked for enabling it, My browser got crashed. I am using a Mozilla Firefox browser on my system.

Re: Adobe survey crashed my browser

Even i have got the pop up on my system for adobe survey when i was on an adobe forum. I clicked on YES and then i noticed that nothing happened. It directly took me to the threads. I do not know that what was the problem here but i guess there would be something wrong from adobe's end itself. Anyway, I have never faced any problem after rebooting my system.

It might happen that your browser would not be supporting for the scripting languages because of which your browser got crashed other wise it would have taken you back to the forums page. Anyway, I think you should try using your browser again and i think there should not be any such problem now. If some web page asks you for running scripts then you may try for running them but be prepared to get crashed.

I suggest you to never respond to such pop ups as there might be something wrong which might make your browser infected and hence from the browser, An infection can come into your system. You should never believe on such pop ups as it seems to be from an adobe but it might not be genuinely from them. So be careful from the next time as spreading the viruses through pop ups has been increased since last 1 year.

I have seen the same freezing on my google chrome browser when i got adobe survey pop up on it. Actually i did not felt anything wrong about it but when i clicked on YES then my browser stopped responding. I traced this behavior to AdBlock Plus being enabled. Disabling it fixes it. I suggest all of you to disable such features on your browser which will surely solve this problem.

I have seen such problem many times on my browser. Actually this survey kind of pop ups runs some special scripts on our machine which makes it very much busy system and sometime your browser just crashes and hence you do not know that the survey has been over or not. By this way, Many viruses comes in to your system and then you face problems after reboot your system as they spread up themselves at the time of booting the system.