Thread: Avast is not working with Windows XP SP3

Avast is not working with Windows XP SP3

I just received a microsoft update ("Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)) that I can download and install. The reason is: this PC was purchased by my son with the Windows XP installation CD Family. Subsequently he installed the windows XP service pack 3. Yesterday i was trying to install the Avast application on my system. But Avast is not working with Windows XP SP3.

Re: Avast is not working with Windows XP SP3

You can verify that the updates are available again for more than a month. Re-Try to disable the resident protection of the in AVAST antivirus if you or another if you have one another. You see if you notice a difference. Right Click on the icon in the taskbar, disable resident protection. Restart your system and then check might resolve this problem.

I cleaned my computer with Avast!, Ad-Aware, Spybot and SpywareBlaster and since the Internet does not work anymore. Maybe one infected file was linked to the Internet connection. I reconnected the same, but nothing helped. Can you help me please. I am also using the windows XP professional Service pack 3. Thank you!

Format your PC if nothing is working for you Also you can try to install the SFC which is a program that can analyze the system files and repair them. Scannow module of the SFC application immediately scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. This command may require access to the Windows installation source files.

My knowledge is also limited, but I think I can respond to your question. why it does not work for you is obvious, it's a fake xp pro. It is an windows XP Pro that installed on a number of PC. Also the problem is that windows will never provide any updates because it is fake. The solution would be to have your family and then put the bet which will be allocated for this one. This is not necessarily the pack version 3. That told you everything I think. bye

if you want to keep your bad version its your choice and no longer you will have to put a day so that your PC will start a row over a PC Updates, Microsoft may also find yourself with the wrong version and you can have problems. What I suggest you is to call back your old version that is certified by Microsoft. To see if you can put it without deleting all your files. This will resolve your issue definitely.

Avast Home is free to request a registration key sent by mail. The activation key does not expire, but the updates are available for 14 months. After this period, it is necessary to register again. This is the procedure in pictures! Do not panic if this happens, the solution is simple and fast (I put 2 minutes, watch in hand).

The Windows firewall is not effective. You do not know that it prohibited the entry and you can not control the information coming out of your computer. This is why we need a true firewall (Kerio such). When you have installed, before you reconnect to the net, disable the Windows firewall.