Thread: Install JavaFX on Ubuntu

Install JavaFX on Ubuntu

Hello,
    I wish I could make JavaFX run on my linux computer, I would like to install it on ubuntu. I have already traveled quite a site on the net including how to install this technology in Netbeans 6.5. But I feel it is not yet possible to develop with this technology. Because I have this error in netbeans it: "No plugin Providing the capability javafx.sdk. When I want to download JavaFX SDK, apparently this is possible only for windows and mac. Do you know how to install it on linux based operating systems.

Re: Install JavaFX on Ubuntu

I do not have much idea about the javafx on linux but some information, the 1.0 JavaFX Plugin for NetBeans IDE 6.5 IS Currently Supported on the Microsoft Windows and MacOS X platforms only. The have not yet released an official version of linux based operating systems.

The javafx jar itself Seems to run ok on Java 5. Some of the media stuff and linux uses native libraries is not supported yet, although Sun says They Are working hard on it. The java 6u10 release Was Said to Include Some javafx-related stuff, but I'm not sure What exactly. "At any rate this release Was included in Ubuntu. Java 6u11 released Was this week to address security issues, Mostly. I have not Heard of "any javafx-related exchange in it. However it Is Already packaged for ubuntu. I Was Able to grab the deb files from the 9.04 (jaunty) repositories and install 'em on my 8.04 (hardy) box and use the browser plugin successfully. Because it Was a security release It Will Also Be bad at having added to repositories Before too long.

Thank you very much because it allowed me to progress a bit. The installation went smoothly because I have not had the problem with the sdk, but not the cons of netbeans restart when I get an error appears:
    Code:
    java.lang.NullPointerException at org.netbeans.modules.javafx.platform.platformdefinition.JavaFXPlatformImpl.loadProfileProperties (JavaFXPlatformImpl.java: 356)  ..................
    I do not have any idea about this error, if you can find it then please let me know. Thank you.

I did not had this problem, I really do not know what creates this bug. What may be the result of an option that you have selected above? I saw on another site or say it is select all the plugins package (for the period I have not felt the need), so there may be a plug missing from javafx for your configuration. Nothing in accuracy, I noticed the thread of my efforts and the option by the jaunty deposits, which was proposed by the site, but I have not tried this way.

I just see the difference as you have made JavaFX Kit and me I have JavaFX 1.0, but I think that it comes from. Note, when I'm "new project" and I selects Sample ->-JavaFX> JavaFX Weather Application, then I do "Next" but then he put me as a message "Project Folder already exists am and is not empty". From there, it is impossible to continue.

I followed your procedure, but everything is correct, the project is part of the
    project tree in weather fx application, install to check the plugin javafx kit is in the package.I added a screenshot of the window, "setting" of the "Plugin" links can be different.