Thread: JRE Silent Installation

JRE Silent Installation

Hello,
    If I install a JRE as a silent run (for example, with the current JRE with the command "jre-6u12-windows-i586-p.exe / s "), then installed the JRE NOT over an existing newer JRE, right? Similarly, these stupid Yahoo toolbar is not installed. That was at least on my machine (Vista) so the case. Can somebody confirm to you? In the documentation I can find no evidence. For me this is important because I need Windows installer for my software surrendering to the installation on a desire to launch Java installation at. I want to users but the additional demands of the Java installer, save the. In any case, the JRE installed then only if the system has an older or no JRE is present. Any instructions on installing jre silent installation, it would be great. Thank you.

Re: JRE Silent Installation

To the 32-bit Windows and silent installation of the J2SE Software Development Kit (SDK). Java 2 SDK (J2SDK) installations are built using InstallShield Developer 8.02, which is based on Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0. The product includes support for silent or unattended installations.

I installed the JDK 1.5.0 in my laptop and I put the path of environmental variables as well also the path in command prompt for Java. But I have not been able to compile or run a program and can tell me the solution.

Two points to note

- System administrators who want to deploy Java plug-in and the JRE on multiple PCs in the Intranet environment without user interaction
    - Companies with products that require the JRE, they can silently install with their products.

More help is provided here
    JDK 1.6 Silent Install