Thread: Registry error installing Adobe Reader 9.1

Registry error installing Adobe Reader 9.1

Trying to bring improvement to Adobe Reader 9.1 from 7.0. It is close to conclusion when I get an error communication Error 1402, might not open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN\OPTIONAL COMPONENTS\MSFS. Confirm that you have encompassed enough and have right of entry to that key. My Computer says C: has 153 GB free space and total size of 232 GB. Yes I uninstalled Adobe Reader, additional than cannot re-install an additional copy of Adobe Reader - the Error 1606 comes up.

Re: Registry error installing Adobe Reader 9.1

The MSFS come into view to be Microsoft Flight Simulator. I have comprised no idea why an Adobe install would try to reference that scrupulous key. My submission would be to uninstall Adobe the whole thing (other than Flash) and leave it off your computer. The comments regarding Adobe Reader made in the connection are shared by many. I in addition recommend using the Foxit Reader and permitting Adobe to become a thing of the past.

I had to join this discussion to pass on my accomplishment fixing the installation of ADOBE 9.1. I might not even install the older Adobe versions or descriptions. I kept getting "error 1402" and tribulations by means of: hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\optionalcomponents\msfs. I cleaned up the registry by getting freeware to do so at a trusted download site (CNET), additional than that did not assist, additional than man, there certain were a bunch of loose ends in there. I then in conclusion gave in and updated the browser by installing IE8 to observe if that would assist. Setting that up diverted me for at the same time as, additional than no success.

I originated achievement subsequent to using a FIX it program on a Microsoft website dealing by means of resetting the sanctuary setting. It was from this page dealing by means of "Method 1" to fix an install tribulations and I clicked on the connection: 313222 (//support.microsoft.com/kb/313222/ ) "How do I restore sanctuary settings to the defaulting settings. Then I clicked on the box by means of the diminutive dude holding a wrench. It takes regarding 10 minutes and you determine to observe the command screen open up and it determine to do its thing.

I had uninstalled adobe reader for its notorious sanctuary tribulations, additional than had to have it for an online class I was taking. I had tried lots of things unproductively until lems advice worked. In the middle of them is the Foxit Reader. The merely negative I locate regarding it is that it determines to install the Ask toolbar if the user does not do a custom install. Installation of this is with no trouble circumvented by not electing to install the Ask/Foxit toolbar or basically uninstalling it via Add/Remove Programs later.

I am recently using Windows XP on a Compaq desktop. A couple of months ago I ran a-squared without charge anti-spyware. I quarantined what was originated and the whole thing seemed standard. When I turned on the system the next day the desktop background was misrepresented and a number of icons were missing, additional than noticed there was a innovative icon on the desktop of a folder labeled %SystemDrive%. My Documents had misplaced folders so I went to C:\Documents and settings and originated them to transfer them back to My Documents.

The Adobe Reader is a solitary program and is recognized to have comprised predicament by means of updating, IME. Have you tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling the majority present version or description. What additional programs have you experienced tribulations installing or updating. When trying to install\uninstall programs I get the similar error communication. In addition the Administrative Tools icon in the Control Panel presently clicks additional than does not open. Have you tried running chkdsk /r on your computer partition might it determine to assist you.