Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-07-2010

jdk-jre problem

After installing the jdk1.6.0_17 (I am sure that it's not the latest one, but it looks to be the latest version on Apple system) on Windows Vista system, the .jar and the .exe files of my created program didn't go anymore. But this is looking very annoying, after making the uninstallation of jdk1.6.0_17 and installing jre1.6.0_17, my .jar and .exe files are running again.

These seems to have to do with the fact that installing jdk1.6.0_17 just generates a jre sub-directory of the jdk directory, whereas performing the installation of jre1.6.0_17, makes another jre6 directory within the Program Files\Java directory. Well, my program runs currently , but this seems very strange for me. Was I doing something wrong ?
Old 14-07-2010

Re: jdk-jre problem

You have to understand the difference between both of these and how actually the preferred components runs on the computer system . Since the two are in running and compiled from different destinations if you are running with something that is based on one destination and that location doesn't exist then it will not run properly .
Old 14-07-2010

Thank you very much for prompt replies. However in the past, when I have done the installation of a Java JDK, it installed the Java JRE not within the JDK directory, but in the same directory where the installation of the Java JRE would store this . According to me, this is the exactly how the installation of the Java JDK should work. Where could I make this suggestion ?
Old 14-07-2010

How to install java .class files on vista?

This is the java command that I always use at my school as "ConsoleInput.readInt" but it is not functioning when I issued this at home PC that is because the command is not the section of the java standard library . I have downloaded a complete series of .class files from school website and they are entirely stored under a directory as "io" . how do I perform the installation of these .class files? I believe that it has something to do with enviromental variables. I have installed the windows vista on my windows PC.
Old 16-07-2010

If you got something related to the System Variables, I am just thinking that you are discussing here about Java and JavaC (Java's Compiler). When you compile or execute a program through the suggested Command Prompt with the file name , you have to work within the same directory as the program and the executable. Java and JavaC are two demonstrations of such type of programs. As you can get here that would be tedious, so Windows provides you the option to configure the directories in the System Variables that suggests Java and JavaC without in the current directory of the two programs. You can commonly run those programs in any directory.
Old 16-07-2010

Simply , you don't require your .class files in the same folder as Java and JavaC. To make some modification into your System Variables specified , you will need to make a right Click on the "My Computer" icon and select the Properties, jump into the system Advance System Settings specified in the left side margin. You should get a button located and named as "Environment Variables"; click on that button . You shall get two lists. One stated as User and other System.From the System list, search out Path. Select it and click on the edit button. You should see a series of directories/paths.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,