Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows live mail couldn't send email but can receive email

Windows Software

Old 14-07-2010

sad Windows live mail couldn't send email but can receive email

Hi guys,

I think there are several people has got this problem with different cause and solution. for my case this is what appear in the message error box :

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'survey form updated, n still in progress...'
Server: 'smtp.live.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 10060

and a little bit about why is this happen. after i moved house, and try to connect with new internet connection, my vista couldn't connect to the wifi until i change the registry number.

and after that this problem occured as well.

i hope you guys can help me with this problem, thank you in advance.

cheers

daniel

Old 15-07-2010

Re: Windows live mail couldn't send email but can receive email

Try to change settings of your outgoing mail server and then check again. You can try to reconfigure your account settings and then check that whether your mails is working or not. Second thing you can check the settings of the firewall or any security applications. Because many time the firewall applications blocks some outgoing connections.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,