Thread: Correct order to learn Adobe CS4 programs?

Correct order to learn Adobe CS4 programs?

I am a beginner to graphic design and i very much serious about learning this. Can anybody tell me in what order i should keep on learning and using the softwares? Shall i start with the Adobe Photoshop and then jump to an Illustrator and then so on. I do not have much idea so i want to ask you guys that what order should i follow.

Re: Correct order to learn Adobe CS4 programs?

I think starting the learning for graphic design on Microsoft Paint would be perfect from where you can rapidly jump on an Adobe Photoshop so that you would be having all the basic function. But make sure that Adobe Photoshop is not small to learn as there are many and many functions to use in it. So the better you will be in an photoshop, better you can have your hands on next level.

I think there are thousands of software for doing graphic design but i guess you should go on changing the software until you become an expert at least in any of them. Actually the software wont be so important rather then the design created by you. So i think you should learn all the possible things of graphic design which can be done by single software or a couple of softwares. It is not necessary that you should go on learning all the graphic design software.

Users on previous posts are not wrong according to them but i guess it matters when that from where you are learning things and what are you learning. Most importantly the level of learning matters when you learn something from the beginning. I think you should go first with an Illustrator ,photoshop, then Indesign and then other adobe applications. I have learnt in the same way i felt that it was a better way.

I don't believe that there is actually a proper way. If you are learning at home then I guess you should go according to your task as what task has been assigned to you. As you should always choose the program as per the task as it is for Print, Web, Advertising, Marketing, Real Estate, High street fashions etc. According to me, Adobe Photoshop should be used for photographic and print work and InDesign for magazine design/layout etc.