Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-07-2010

Error while updating Device Central Certificate

I am using windows xp on my computer system and i have installed an Adobe on this xp system. Actually when my Adobe Updater tries to update the Device Central Certificate then i am getting some kind of error which looks like as follows.
"c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Device Central CS#\AMT\AUMProduct.cer failed to install'."
Does anybody have got this kind of error or has any idea about this error?
Old 14-07-2010

Re: Error while updating Device Central Certificate

It might happen that you would be getting this error because of the version of windows os which you have installed on your computer. If your windows xp would not be genuine then also these kind of error might come while updating any certificate or any software on your system it wont be having a genuine platform to update the service. I suggest you to check the same on your system.
Old 14-07-2010

I think you have not logged in as an administrator on your computer due to which you do have all the rights to to use on your computer. Actually updating any services or software requires to be logged in as an administrator as Device Central Certificate would be on the name of an administrator so you have to acquire all the permissions from your admin to update this certificate.
Old 14-07-2010

I think you wont be able to update it until and unless you log in as an admin because even if the local user has been given all the permissions, This certificate needs to be updated by only an admin. So you better log in as an admin only which will not be showing any such errors. I suggest you to check about the setting of your adobe as well for updating or anything related to it. If suppose there you find anything then make it accessible as much as possible.
Old 14-07-2010

An error itself indicates that there is something while loading the AUMProduct.cer which seems to be the certificate file which needs to be updated. Now if this file will not be loading properly then how can it be updated. I think you may try reinstalling an Adobe on your xp system as it might happen that this file gets repaired if there would be anything wrong with it. I am not so sure that this will work for you but still you must try it once.
Old 15-07-2010

If you are getting an errors on your system while updating Device Central Certificate. I think you should try to do the same thing from the safe mode of your windows xp system. You have to restart your computer and then keep on pressing F8 key while your pc gets started. It would opening Windows Booting Options where you have to select for Safe Mode.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,