Thread: Error importing a catalog in LightRoom 3

Error importing a catalog in LightRoom 3

I am getting a weird error on importing a catalog in LightRoom 3. When I start the import, I get the normal message as Preparing to import. But, at the very next moment, another message is flashed by the application as Lightroom could not import this catalog because of an unknown error. I tried to go about with the import of this catalog many-a-times, but I am getting the same issue. Kindly assist me to eradicate this error.

My computer is running the Windows 7 operating system.

Re: Error importing a catalog in LightRoom 3

It seems that there is some problem with the particular catalog itself. This is the simple reason why you are getting an error while importing a catalog in LightRoom 3. Make sure that the catalog that you are trying to is supported by LR or not. The error is that the file catalog be recognized by the application. If the catalog is of unknown format, then nothing can be done about it.

The error on importing a catalog in LightRoom 3 is another problem that has been encountered with this version of the application. LR3 has many issues and bugs. This is why it is always recommended that, for time being this version must not be upgraded to or installed. In your case, I suggest you to degrade to the older version of LR, that is LightRoom 2. All imports will work properly in this version.

The bugs and other issues are only with the trial version of LightRoom 3. I am using the full version of LightRoom 3 and there are no such errors while doing any import of the catalogs. I suggest you to try importing to or from the Beta 3 catalog.

Just let me know if the import is possible in this case or not. Also, check out whether there are any conflicts of LightRoom 3 with the Windows 7 operating system.

It has been recommended by most of the experts that LightRoom 3 must never be installed or upgraded from the older version. LightRoom 2 is far more better than this newly released version. The officials will find a fix for all these issues and release a completely new version soon. I suggest you to change from the older application only after that.