Thread: Flash 10.1 makes Flash Lite redundant?

Flash 10.1 makes Flash Lite redundant?

I think Flash Lite would be good software to create an applications for mobile devices. I have heard that the Flash 10.1 will on almost all the new phone except iPhones. Does it means that i can develop a stand alone applications in Flash (with AS3) instead of Flash Lite. Actually i just want to know that what would be the best method to create a Stand Alone application for mobile phone.

Re: Flash 10.1 makes Flash Lite redundant?

Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is the first runtime release of the Open Screen Project that enables uncompromised Web browsing of expressive applications, content and video across devices. With support for a broad range of mobile devices, including smartphones, netbooks, smartbooks and other Internet-connected devices, Flash Player 10.1 allows your content to reach your customers wherever they are.

A prerelease version of Flash Player 10.1 is currently on hand for Android operating systems. This public prerelease is an chance for software developers to check and offer premature feedback to Adobe on new features, enhancements, and compatibility with previously authored content. People can attempt the prerelease of Flash Player 10.1 to preview hardware acceleration of video on supported platforms and devices.

All the hardcore Android fans could not make out this but Flash support was never a new feature which was implemented into Froyo (2.2). Sense User Interface has entertained the Flash from the time when its initiation with built in Flash support. Almost in all the part Flash Lite have performed quite good. I guess it would be like a tie between these two versions of flash still you may try using both the version.

Instant opportunities subsist with Flash Lite, and these stand for the finest opportunity for applications that intend to accomplish a large spectators. Keep in mind that Flash runs as a browser plugin on games consoles as well, and is accessible for Wii and PS3. And even I think the new version would be obviously having more better features then that of an older one so people must go for using new one.

I guess it also depends on the specifications of the mobile device as what kind of screen a mobile device has. But still if we talk about comparing the Flash 10.1 & Flash Lite with the same specifications of the mobile then i guess Flash Lite has better brightness and quality picture. Now it depends on the choice of user that what kind of picture they like and how they want to edit them.