Thread: How to merge odd and even pages

How to merge odd and even pages

I am currently completing a report that will have the text on the front sheets and illustrations on the back face-to face. Using the friendly OpenOffice.org software on Windows XP, I have a file front and back of a file. I will be able to directly from the software OpenOffice.org get a PDF for my front and my back for a PDF. My problem now is how I will be able to assemble the two have a PDF front page, then a back page and so on. If you have an idea, you have my eternal gratitude. In short I want to know how to merge odd and even pages.

Re: How to merge odd and even pages

To do this, there is a free and easy solution:
    1) Use "PDFSam" to divide each PDF "PDF files that contain pages:
    - Pdf odd pages in a folder
    - Even pages in a pdf file B
    2) Use "Ant Renamer" to rename all files so that:
    - In the folder, the files are named Fichier001.pdf, Fichier003.pdf, Fichier005.pdf etc. ... (Option "Enumeration")
    - In the B case, the files are named Fichier002.pdf, Fichier004.pdf, Fichier006.pdf etc. ... (Option "Enumeration")
    3) File Folder Group A and B in a single folder
    4) Restart "PDFSam" and pack all the files to create a pdf that contains many pages alternate.

Another solution is quite simple: use ImageMagick (Windows or Linux): Once downloaded, use the commands:
    convert-density 400% rectos.pdf page_ 04d.jpg
    convert-density 400% versos.pdf page_ 04d_versos.jpg
    convert *. jpg page_ document_final.pdf
    What does it do? It converts PDF to two images, one per page. The names of the images are numbered. Then it uses all the images to create a pdf. Only drawback: the final pdf will be composed solely of images, so you will not be able to select text to copy and paste.

I do not know much about Open Office but I assume that you build your report on a word processor similar to Word then. Why not it is the complete file in word processing, pages of text on versos and illustrations on the recto before converting the total obtained in pdf file? Be careful to adjust the page breaks. I see no simple solution to merge, even with Acrobat PDF files by nesting two even and odd pages!

Thanks for the help you have provided I have managed to complete half the task but not stuck with another problem. I managed to create a multipage PDF by combining different, but my pdf Final begins at the last page. To consolidate and merge PDF I used my PDF creator, but I have to get my documents page by page before the merge, which takes a long time. The most important thing, I read my PDF with adobe reader and I cannot buy shareware software.

In Acrobat you have left of the tabs including a "pages". You turn the page and after you drag the page you want. Or it will better if you use the adobe acrobat 5.0 It can merge your pages pdf (fragment etc.) and then transform files in pdf format. I am sure that will help you, if you have any other related query then feel free to ask I will try my best to resolve the problem.

As I said, I cannot afford to buy shareware software. Especially since the work I do is for my box and they do not want to buy anything. I finally found Acrobat 8 instead of 5 free trial, I did not change the order of my pages but creates a new PDF document which consolidated my various pages and I recommend it really has all the world, it's so easy, but only for 30 days.