Thread: Lightroom 3 freezing when using import

Lightroom 3 freezing when using import

I am facing a weird problem it appears as i ma missing something. I have been using the Adobe LightRoom application on my system for customizing and editing the images that i am using. whenever i try to import the image from my external hard disk only some of the images are imported and then LightRoom 3 gets freezed after sometimes it gets hanged then i am forces to remove the hard drive and hence have to repeat the procedures again and again till all the images that i require are imported in the applications.

Re: Lightroom 3 freezing when using import

To suggest a solution to this problem i would like to know whether the application LightRoom 3 you are using is installed correctly on your system or not it appears as the application is not compatible with the operating system which you have been using on your system. It would be easier to implement a solution on this issue if you can furnish all these details. Hope you got my point.

There might be an issue with the hard drive it seems as the hard drive is not connected to the system apporpriately since some of the images are imported and then the Light Room 3 application freezes and in this case i would suggest you to get the LightRoom 3 application re-installed on your system there might be a problem with the application.

First of all thanks for replying me in this matter i would like to know whether the Light Room 3 application is compatible with windows vista or not since i have been using the windows vista in my system. Even i tried to reinstall the application but the reinstallation is also not solving the problem. Any other ideas

I had the same problem with my system while i was trying to install an application on my system the installation seems to start but after sometimes it gets freezed then i discovered that the appilcation was freezing due to the USB wire not working properly i thought so i changed the USB wire and then connected the external hard drive again this resovled my problem. It might resolve your problem too.

Try to check whether your hard drive is working properly since this might be the issue with your hard drive. You should also try to copy the files on your system before importing . Hope that this will help you to get this problem solved. If not then try a re-installation of the Light Room 3application on your system.

I think that the Light Room 3 application is compatible with the windows vista but even though as a matter of safety i would suggest you to install the application in the compatibility mode. Try to install it in the compatibility mode for vista this might help you in this matter. I hope that this will resolve the issue.