Thread: Dreamweaver preview in browser not working Firefox 3.6 Mac

Dreamweaver preview in browser not working Firefox 3.6 Mac

Since I installed the new version of Firefox 3.6, I cannot see the preview pages of my Dreamweaver open the browser is activated, but I stop at the homepage, you cannot go further. I need to install a plugin or is it a problem in Dreamweaver? Most of my work is related to the use of Dreamweaver and I need to test the website that I have designed in different browsers. I want to know why Dreamweaver preview in browser not working Firefox 3.6 Mac.

Re: Dreamweaver preview in browser not working Firefox 3.6 Mac

It seems that the latest version of Firefox has a bug that point of view. I tested it in three different versions of Dreamweaver (MX, 8 and CS4) and three versions of OS (Windows XP, Mac OS X 4.11 and 6.2): it does not work. Firefox crashes at the menu and does not go away. The page does not open. With Safari, there is no problem and it is doubtless with other browsers.

Now that Firefox 3.6.2 is out, it should check if the problem persists. Some bugs related to opening files on Mac OS are corrected. Not necessarily all but some. Dreamweaver CS3 and CS4 using AppleScript event deprecated by Apple for years. As it is deprecated (and probably should disappear very soon), its support was withdrawn in FireFox 3.6. Dreamweaver CS5 uses another event (the good) and Mozilla reintroduced support for this event (bug 549680 previews from Dreamweaver Does not work in Firefox3.6).

Thanks for the explanation it was really interesting. In fact the problem is fixed with version 3.6.2 of Firefox. But the problem is not resolved in the latest version of Firerfox. I confirm that I turn the problem persists with the 3.6.3 Update and this bug is very annoying for those who are accustomed to working with Firefox. Can we expect a correction in a subsequent Update or are we condemned to adopt or acquire Safari Dreamweaver CS5.

It would be a known incompatibility between Dreamweaver CS3 and Firefox 3.6 for Mac. It does not explain any local file will not open any other way than the File menu in Firefox, but. The return to v. 3.5.8 solved all aspects of the problem, pending the v. 3.6.2 since it seems that there will never see 3.6.1. I think this thing is now resolved with the use Firefox version 3.5.8.

I am certain, and support of commercial software is not at issue: we have only to create a page with basic text editor for the same result: Firefox 3.6 for Mac cannot open any local file whose Insights Dreamweaver or Coda, or any old file generated on I do not know what OS / Publisher: nothing, nib, bugger! Except to tinker for hours (after restart) with the Type and Creator of old files saved by previous versions of Firefox under Tiger. Html file has the default type and creator of the system: Creator Safari without Filetype like any page from a server under Linux or Windows (having lost Mac resources) and provided with a lot of patience I found them, not through files stored by Firefox 3.6, which only opens more later, but thanks to the fact that I cloned my old OS and their files.

I am also suffering with the same problem. I have Mac OS 10.5.8 (Leopard). I have no Dreamweaver or Coda. My local file has no space. Unable to open the file with Firefox 3.6 by double clicking it, as the bug appeared since the Update for Firefox 3.6, I suspect a problem with Firefox. Is there any solution for this problem? If there is any feasible solution for this problem then I am interested in it.

Have just downloaded the most recent version 3.6.8. opened a new DW file, only typed text in it, and saved it. Firefox does not open it in browser preview....

This is in DW cs3.

Have installed an older version of DW, 3.5.8 and it works great. Agreeing with Eric B.

There you have it.

(On a Mac G5.)

Actually it has updated to 3.5.11 and it is still working just fine with DW CS3. It opens templates etc...

I had faced a similar issue in my system also. But for that the best way to deal is to read the error message you get on your screen. You must checkout the temporary files. Here I had setup a testing server to check back that whether is running or not. After doing lots of steps and other support it started working here. This can be a brower bug also.

Hey guys - I had this problem for quite some time and stuck with 3.5.7 until this past weekend. I got sick of being stuck on an old, less secure version of FF, so I decided to upgrade to 3.6.8 and I would just open the html files by themselves and refresh as I work on them.

First thing I did, though, was to try previewing a file in FF through DW CS4 and, to my surprise, it worked! I didn't touch anything else; no preferences, file/folder names, nothing! I'm now in the office and it continues to work. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy about this, but I still kept the installer for 3.5.7 just in case the next release screws it all up again.

If it helps, I'm running DW CS4 (build 4117) on a unibody Macbook Pro 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Duo w/Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Good luck!