Thread: How to convert MTS files from Sony Cybershot HX5V to MOV?

How to convert MTS files from Sony Cybershot HX5V to MOV?

I have several clips in my Sony Cybershot HX5V which produces videos of MTS format. I have send the clips to my friend to help me do some editing. But my friend who has a Mac can not open the files. So i decided to convert the MTS files to MOV and then resend to my friend. So i am here to look for a best video converter which help me to accomplish the conversion without the loss of origianal video quality.

Re: How to convert MTS files from Sony Cybershot HX5V to MOV?

MTS file extension comes in AVCHD video format, so therefore you can use VLC media player to play the video files directly on MAC and also on Windows Operating System. You can also use Mplayer OS X which is another good choice to play MTS video files. For converter, you can download either the Intel version converter software or the PowerPC version converter software, by searching in google, that supports MAC OS X 10.4, MAC OS X Tiger, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.5.7, Mac OS X 10.5.8, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Re: How to convert MTS files from Sony Cybershot HX5V to MOV?

Maybe you have googled a lot, but various video converters makes you confused on which one should you choose.

Now show you a quite easy and fast to use MTS converter which i am always using.

Give you the detaied guid on how to convert MTS to MOV.

Step 1: Click “Add” to import your MTS/M2TS files

Click “Add” to import your AVCHD files. The program supports adding multiple files.

Step 2: Choose MOV as output format and specify destination folder
    There are actually various output formats you can choose from. In this case, you can simply select mov format under “Common Video” catalogue from “Format” drop-down list.
    After you choose mov output format, you can specify your destination folder for your converted mov files if necessary.

Step 3: Edit your MTS/M2TS videos(optional)
    Click "Editor" to edit your mts/m2ts files by cropping, trimming, adding watermarks (text, video or image)/effects, replacing audio, removing interlaces and video noises and so on.

Step 4: Click “Convert” to start mts to mov conversion
    Click "Convert" button to convert [b]AVCHD mts files to QuickTime mov[b] files automatically.

Just four simple steps, the conversion can be accomplished with good quality of output video.