Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

'Repair Setup' dialog box not selectable in Acrobat 8.2.2 updater

Windows Software

Old 14-07-2010

'Repair Setup' dialog box not selectable in Acrobat 8.2.2 updater

So the Adobe Acrobat Updater symbol displays in my dock and hop up and down for notice. I click on it and lo and observe… "An upgrade for Adobe Acrobat to version 8.2.2 is obtainable!" So I install it, I approve the installer through my password and it gulps next to presently fine until the 'Repair Setup' dialog box displays, informing me so as to it has 'detected which there are absent parts that need repair." It desires me to fix the Adobe PDFViewer Safari Plugin. The difficulty is, I can't interrelate through this dialog box in any way. It displays to obstinately stay in the background. In addition, the foreground window (displaying the chief installer status) is evenly dead—the Cancel key is grayed out and engaged. I'm using a Mac OS X 10.5.8. This similar precise issue has occurred on my PC, also running 10.5.8.

Old 14-07-2010

Re: 'Repair Setup' dialog box not selectable in Acrobat 8.2.2 updater

I am also having the exact identical trouble through my Mac. It has done this previous through different upgrades. Appears to trouble me for months then lastly Adobe fixes it. There is no reason for this. I presently purchased a brand new Macbook pro 17 (3 days old) and I am having this trouble!
Old 14-07-2010

I've had the alike difficulty on three Macs operating system, two working on Leopard, and one running Snow Leopard. And yes, I as well don't need to "repair" Safari. Why would I need to install again a slow and pushchair plugin at what time OS X previously reads PDF files so much more rapidly?
Old 14-07-2010

This query is NOT replied and the difficulty has NOT been determined In fact, this Acrobat Installer and Repair Setup error has persisted in Acrobat for minimum two or three years back minimum one (perhaps two) versions. Obtain your act mutually Adobe and repair this once and for everyone. Why should we reimburse to improve to CS 5 waiting we recognize that vexing, long-standing problem like this truly will be fixed? Stop chasing novel income streams long sufficient to fix the darn broken software.
Old 15-07-2010

Agreed. This is extremely infuriating, and it displays presently how bloaded and conceited Adobe has turn out to be. These difficulties are finally unacceptable for software programs which are from $400 to $900 each. This upgradation difficulty is immediately the tip of a very huge, buggy iceberg to Adobe's Titanic.
Old 16-07-2010

Try to do the following steps:
  • Reboot the Mac (or locate and terminate the updater process).
  • With the help of Finder, choose Go, Go to Folder, and enter /tmp
  • Choose the whole thing in this folder and remove it (you may be prompted for the admin password).
  • You have to close all software programs and launch Acrobat
  • You should be able to run the updater successfully now.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,