Thread: How can I launch a PDF from a URL from within my Plug-In

How can I launch a PDF from a URL from within my Plug-In

I have comprised my plug-in working attractive superior by means of the exception that I cannot figure out how to launch a PDF using a URL. I am capable to launch a PDF file from the file path, presently not a URL. Yes, I desire to open a PDF that lives on a web server. I determine to be familiar with the URL to the doc I desire to open and I desire to open it via a SDK call from within my plug-in. I be able to open docs from the file system using the following: AVDocOpenFromFile(compareASFilePath, asFileSys, unacceptable).

Re: How can I launch a PDF from a URL from within my Plug-In

You determine to necessitate to write a custom ASFileSys to hold up or maintain URL-paths and then utilize that as the "asFileSys" changeable that you pass to the AVDocOpenFromFile() method. Acrobat/Reader does not have comprised several native supports for these characteristics - you necessitate adding it yourself. Do you have several suggestions on how to write the custom ASFileSys. I am extremely innovative to the Acrobat SDK.

There was an illustration position at this point online in recent times regarding how to do one that worked from memory that would be an exceptional starting point. Be able to you make available a connection or reference to the custom ASFileSys illustration for URL paths you mentioned in this posting. Search this discussion for 'Load PDF from Memory using Adobe Acrobat SDK'.

Does Adobe Acrobat 9 hold up or maintain opening, editing and saving pdfs from a WebDav URL. There is a number of limited conversation on WebDav and commenting/reviewing additional than nothing on editing/saving pdf documents. There seems to be no place to set up a WebDav URL in the sophisticated Settings and there is no declare in the SDK if this is probable programmatically.

The SDK does not hold up or maintain reading/writing from WebDAV. The merely exposed file system is the disk - not including in the browser where we in addition support URL-based. What I did was to utilize the native API to have right of entry the PDF's via URL and stream the data to the local drive and then open it. You determine to necessitate writing a FileSys for every platform the plug-in determine to necessitate to run on (i.e. Windows and Mac).

In view of the fact that AVDocOpenFromFile does not throw exceptions I am at a loss as to why my plugin collides when opening a PDF doc. It has been running extremely well on my system (running Win2000) additional than trying it on an additional system (Win98) it determine to haphazardly open the doc or crash during AVDocOpenFromFile. I checkered the PathName seems extremely well and it by no means gets to my DidOpen notification function so the error is not it there. Anything I am overlooking.

I have encompassed a submission that is opening a PDF programmatically by means of the AVDocOpenFromFile function in the AV layer of the Acrobat API. The present performance is that the PDF is opened in an innovative instance of Acrobat. On the other hand, in some cases I previously have Acrobat open, and I would similar to the innovative PDF to be opened in this current instance rather than spawning an innovative one. I be familiar with the AVDocOpenFromFile function takes an AVDocOpenParams struct, additional than looking through the documentation for this I do not observe anything dealing by means of my tribulations. Does anybody have some suggestions.