Thread: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open

Dreamweaver CS5 will not open

I recently downloaded Adobe CS5 Design Premium and installed. Each application opens without tribulations except Dreamweaver which determine to not open at the entire. I tried installing the entire in excess of again and that did not work. I even tried eliminating the entire of my preference files, previous Application Support files and even Library Application Support files. Uninstalled CS4 and CS5 and installed an innovative copy of CS5. The Dreamweaver CS5 determines to not open. It gets too immediately previous to the splash screen and stops. It's not hanging moreover; I am able to hit it off the dock and quit the app without a force quit. It come into view that the open sequence is missing something.

Re: Dreamweaver CS5 will not open

I am having the similar tribulations. My system did shut down in the middle of download. So perhaps immediately maybe the complete file did not download and I was capable to install it. Additional then that I cannot get it to start. Did you fix these tribulations. Does anybody have comprised several ideas. I hit it off to open Dreamweaver, and the simply alternative at the top of the screen is "Dreamweaver" where there be supposed to be "File, Edit, Tools, etc." Clicking dreamweaver does not present several help moreover, and a start screen does not pop.

I created an innovative admin account and logged in and launched DW. It launched presently extremely well. So there was probable a permission tribulations on my account. Excluding fixing permissions in my home database is complicated in view of the fact that I make use of FileVault. I am put out of action FileVault at present and I have a feeling that is going to fix this problem additional than I am attractive irked with Adobe right at present. Does anybody at Adobe actually utilize a Mac.

I am having the identical difficulty. The entire my additional CS5 applications open without tribulations. Launching Dreamweaver defaulting to the simply thing showing is the standard Apple logo and the Dreamweaver menu name. Subsequent to speaking by means of tech support for regarding an hour: we tried reinstalling, restarting, restarting in safe mode, etc. The simply thing that had several success was to create an innovative user account (by means of Administrative privileges). In that account Dreamweaver CS5 launched as it be supposed to.

At that position the tech hold up or maintain rep asked if he might mark my case as solved. I supposed that at the similar time as he was capable to get Dreamweaver to launch appropriately on my system that using an additional user account to do so was not an extremely satisfying explanation. He handed me off to his supervisor who told me it was a permissions tribulation if it would run on an additional user account.

I checkered the permissions as most excellent as I might through Command+I on the submission and it was set the similar as my additional CS5 applications which are running. Expectantly, somebody at Adobe or one of you geniuses determine to be capable to figure this out soon. PS I immediately read an additional posting that was made at the same time as I was writing excavation I am using FileVault too, additional than the permissions look the similar to my uneducated eye. And, I would hate to encompass to turn FileVault off, reinstall Dreamweaver, and then revolve it back on to get Dreamweaver to work correctly. This is supposed to not be necessary if Adobe be able to get the additional applications to work appropriately. On the other hand, if that is the solution, I determine to do it, so I be able to get back to productive work.

The FileVault merely runs on a Mac. It is turned on and off from side to side settings in your accounts folder in system settings and is accommodating for preventing your data. Apple's description of FileVault is as follows: "FileVault secures your home database by encrypting its contents. It mechanically encrypts and decrypts your files at the same time as you are using them." I am having the exactly the similar tribulations. Does Adobe be familiar with that Dreamweaver cs5 does not work by means of filevault. It’s a lot of work to twist it off; certainly they determine to have a fix soon.