Thread: Acrobat 8 asks for Administrator authentication.

Acrobat 8 asks for Administrator authentication.

I have installed an Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional on my macbook. I have logged in as an admin for first time and then entered the serial number. But when i am trying to log in a standard user then it is asking for an Administrator authentication. Irrespective of entering the password, It asks me the same for the next time. What should i do now, Is it necessary to enter this password all the time?

Re: Acrobat 8 asks for Administrator authentication.

The same problem i have seen on my Adobe Acrobat 8 as it asks for an admin password all the time. Up to now, I have entered the password for my clerk to make him work but now i have gone frustrated and gave him the password. I want to ask you guys that is there any meaning for setting the password for admin if you cannot even open that software without admin's permission.

I think there would some kind of settings has to be done on your Adobe Acrobat so that it does not asks for admin password. I suggest you to go through all the settings on your acrobat where you must be finding something related to the password authentication. There you have to disable an Authentication so that this software does not asks for the same for next time.

I think you need to Repair Permissions for accessing an adobe acrobat. For doing the same, please follow these steps.
    • Launch Disk Utility from Applications>Utilites
    • Click Repair Disk Permissions under the First Aid tab.
    • Now try launching an Acrobat and if it still showing the same problem then next time log in as Root.

I think you should try enabling the Root Account, Follow the steps.
    1. Select Go and then Application from the finder.
    2. Open NetInfo Manager from an Utilities folder.
    3. Type admin name and password after clicking on the lock on the NetInfo Manager window.
    4. If you are a Mac OS X v. 10.4.x then you have to Security > Enable Root User.
    5. Click OK to the alert indicating that the password is blank.
    6. Again click on the Lock to save changes then you may exit.