Thread: Raise without a handler, Application will exit.

Raise without a handler, Application will exit.

I have installed an Adobe Acrobat 8.12 Professional on my 15" MacBookPro which has Leopard running on it. When i am trying to use the text edit tools or the redact tools then i am getting an error. Actually an error says that "There was a RAISE without a handler. The application will now exit." Is there anybody having the same issues or does anybody has any solution for this problem?

Re: Raise without a handler, Application will exit.

I am having an Epson V500 scanner with an ADF and even i am getting the same error when i am trying to scan duplex. Actually it displays this error after it scans the back sides or it just crashes. I am having an Intel MacBook Pro and have installed an Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.1.2 on this laptop. Another problem is that after first scan using Epson Scan, PDF does not gets open on double clicking it.

I think the problem would be with the browser which you are using on your macbook. I have seen it somewhere that this problem goes away if you use the same function with the Mozilla Firefox. I suggest you to install the latest version of the Firefox on your laptop from an official website of the Mozilla. You may try using some other browser as well but i think Firefox works for sure.

There could be a problem with an Adobe Acrobat itself which is not letting you use text edit tools or the redact tools. I think you should uninstall the whole application from your macbook and then reinstall it again which might be solving this problem. If the problem still persist then you may try the same software on some other computer system but make sure that it does not have the same operating system as of you, This could be the problem with the OS as well. I have only came across the Mac users having such problem.

I think i have found the solution for this problem. I have uninstalled an Acrobat along with the trashing every folder related to it. It was bit annoying to search for each and every file related to the same but i guess i have done with all of them as there was number of files in the library and in the applications folders. Then i re-built the permissions, and then re-booted. Now it is working properly without any problem.

This is a cache issue as i have found that an Acrobat caches everything that you do on it so at some point it would be going corrupted because of some reason and hence it gets crashed. I guess the same issue would be there on your Acrobat, So you just need to restart Adobe Acrobat.