Thread: Acrobat Pro 9 crashes when opened on network accounts

Acrobat Pro 9 crashes when opened on network accounts

I have installed an Acrobat Pro 9 on my windows 7 computer system and there is something really wrong with this software. We are using a network logins via Open Directory on my network. Whenever user tries to open an Acrobat on their network then it crashes. But there is no problem while opening it on a local machine. All the machines in the network has the same problem. Any ideas for this problem?

Re: Acrobat Pro 9 crashes when opened on network accounts

Even i am having the similar kind of issue on my network in which there are NINE 10.4.11 macs on which we have installed an Adobe reader 9. All the macs can open and use the same software on local machines but it just ends up forcefully quitting the application when we try it using from the networked user. I would be so thankful to the person who can give me reason for causing this problem.

There are many people including me who all are facing the same problem while opening the documents from the network on their Adobe Reader. Actually the problem does not seems to be with the software as it has been installed on each machine and they works perfectly for documents which has been saved there itself. I think the problem is with the document which has been shared over the network.

I think you guys need to switch back to an older version as this kind of problem persists in the latest versions of any softwares. And as they are recently launched, Problems related to them have not yet solved. So it would be much better if you try using an older version for doing the same task. I guess there should not be anything wrong with an Adobe Acrobat 8.

I have seen this problem with my Adobe Acrobat 9 but i am not using it on any network. I am just using on my laptop and i guess there was a crashing problem with this software as well. Though i have not found any fix for that but when i reinstalled the same software again on my windows laptop then it worked fine. Now there is no such crashing.

Even i am facing the same crashing problem of an Adobe Acrobat on my network. I have tried disabling Acrobat plug ins but did not helped me to solve this problem. I have even tried by copying user plist files from local admin account to remote user account but no changes. Is there anyway by which i can try to solve this problem.

The version of server doesn't seem to make a difference, in that Reader 7 or 8 will work fine with accounts hosted on a OS10.4.x server or on a 10.5.x server. Reader 9 won't work with accounts hosted on a 10.5.x server ( I haven't tested it with a 10.4.x as it easier to roll back the Reader version than it is the server version).