Thread: Acrobat 9.1.2 and Thunderbird

Acrobat 9.1.2 and Thunderbird

I have tried to find out the solution on different forums to getting Acrobat 9 to use Thunderbird as it's email client. Doesn't seem to be any actual replies . However, I am running with a slightly new issue with this. I have finished what requires to be done to make Thunderbird as the default program for email client. Even I moved into the registry to make sure . However, whenever, I try to send a document off, it continuously suggesting me that it is unable to open Eudora. Currently , Eudora USED to be my default mail, but as I stated that I have changed that. Not only I have configured to the default, but I even removed the program, and even moved as far as to move into my windows registry to remove this from my Client\Mail part. Is there an option that I require to locate in Acrobat to restrict this from searching for Eudora? The error message states that it can't access C:\Eudora\Eudora.exe. Duhh, it's not even on my computer at all .

Re: Acrobat 9.1.2 and Thunderbird

Acrobat and Reader works whatever is the default MAPI email client. According to me as I have heard that AA9 has associated some ability to work with the different mail connections, but classically the components have easily interfaced with the MAPI interface for Windows computers . I am not sure if Thunderbird can be configured as a MAPI client, but suspect it can. Simple MAPI is capable to do this and it does not have to be the newer version MS created .

I think, this is going because of the wrong configuration or any default configuration made by system and that is not matching with the software and you have to configure your windows registry as it can be feasible to run with the proper installation of software and if you don't have any idea about the configuration then it can be danger for you to reconfigure the windows registry. According to your described issue, it seems as you have registry damage . You should try to go for the "Little Registry Cleaner" to resolve your registry . Find it on the google and I hope it can be helpful for you .

I agree with Glenny, If you have deleted the Eudora and it is still getting up, then there is an problems with the sections of the windows registry. A number of software do not work with the windows registry very fine (this is confusing anyway) and that may specifically be the case with an uninstallation . It may also be that the operating system put some things there when it first noted the email software's and has not resolved this . It indeed sounds such as an operating system problem for the configuration of your mail client.

Fine , this is what I have done to resolve . I moved into the windows registry and also gone via pretty much line by line, and actually got a couple of references to Eudora that I immediately have removed . So entire referrals to Eudora are currently moved on . I move and then again ran the Registry Mechanic, didn't got any error message . I then restarted and ran the Repair Installation again. After restarting , I again tried emailing a document from AA 9.1.2, and again it was going in the same way and trying to get the Eudora, searching for and not getting Eudora.exe and Eudora.ini.

You need to go for the following changes from the following location : Just move to the Control Panel and then choose Internet Options => Programs. Just make sure that Eudora is not listed as the default mail package there . I suspect that there is still some latent section of your computer system which references Eudora is there. Acrobat simply moves to what the system lists.