Thread: Adobe Acrobat Distiller 9 crashes on start

Adobe Acrobat Distiller 9 crashes on start

I have just purchased a new notebook with Intel Pentium dual-core processor T3400 and Windows Vista Home Premium that was installed pre-installed. I have been installing some programs, including Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro and as well as Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended.

However, when I move start up Acrobat Distiller 9 then it displays up for one or two seconds and then got crashes (just vanishes from the display without an error message). I got the same issue explained for earlier versions of Distiller (XP and Mac) in different online fora, but thus far I have not got any fix related anywhere. Any idea ...

Re: Adobe Acrobat Distiller 9 crashes on start

I think, you have to initially try for a reinstallation of it and then try to go for another alternatives. You need to try to reinstall this first. In case, if you are getting proper response after making a proper uninstall and then reinstallation then you can go for another alternatives..

This commonly happens when there is a issue with the Flex license manager. If you see into the Knowledgebase, you should got a resolution for this .

Thank very much Macarenas, But can this really be it? I don't have any issues in the launching of Acrobat 9 (I haven't tested it completed yet, but looks fine). I have just "Create PDF" "From File" that is not looking feasible in the Acrobat 9 either (as it tries to get the distiller, I think ). If there were a issue with Flex licensing then it wouldn't crash to Acrobat 9 also ?

(In the meantime, I also go for this whether it would work when logged into different user account - but doesn't make any sense and neither any changes and still crashing a lot)

Got Distiller to work. Looks like the issue was going on with the software activation/licensing. I found the another programs and a free update to Acrobat 9 Extended - from my merchant and installed this . Distiller now not crashing as you are getting when starting this up and shows (thus far) stable. However, I still having the error message at start up as :

Adobe PostScript software version: 3018.101
    Adobe PDF Settings file read error in PDFX4 2008.joboptions:
    /CheckCompliance out of range

A have done a web search and it displayed that this is also not a new issue. Some say that Distiller is incapable to generate a PDF/X4 files and that the error is thus a bug in Distiller itself.

I had installed the Frame Maker 7.2 on my windows XP system, which had its own Distiller 7. after performing the installation of Acrobat Pro 9, which made me to uninstall Frame Maker's Distiller 7 and installed Acrobat Pro’s Distiller 9. Both Frame Maker and Acrobat Pro were going well.

Suddenly the Acrobat Distiller 9 started occurring issues. I found unable to print a PDF from Frame Maker. I have tried browsing the Acrobat distiller from the Start menu. It opens and automatically closes, but doesn't functional for long time .I have done the un-installation of Acrobat Pro 9 and installed the Frame Maker's Distiller 7, and then it moved very well. But the issue started again when I again done the installation of the Acrobat Pro 9.

Is there any method where I can continuously Frame Maker's Distiller being overwritten by Acrobat Pro's Distiller?

Fine , the PDFX4:2008.joboptions is the main issue here. Acrobat 9 doesn't ship means doesn't go to generate the PDFX4 files. I think, it came from FrameMaker.Just be sure that the default configuration for Distiller and Adobe PDF printer is configured to Standard (or mostly one that you made) instead.