Thread: Pro 9 Users Receive “There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.”

Pro 9 Users Receive “There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.”

The people working with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro on Windows XP are getting unable to open PDFs made on the server. They have just got the error message as :

“There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.”
    Even if the people save to disk and going to re-open, the error still getting occurred. This one error message did not surface in our QA testing because we were checking out with the Adobe Acrobat Reader 8. Is there associated information that I can see for in order to troubleshoot such type of problem ?

Re: “There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.”

Hi everyone, I keep getting the following message when trying to go through the files: There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired. I have installed Windows XP on my computer system. I have tried to perform the uninstalling and reinstallation of the same program but nothing working at all. I have also tried to repair the installation but still there is no joy. It would be appreciated..

Thanks

Re: “There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.”

I am suffering with the same issue here .This was strange because I have installed the same version at task and this opened the very document that was supposedly destroyed and couldn't be repaired. I have uninstalled the software and now getting complexities with the re-installation . I think, it has to do with the windows installer but I am not sure about the way how to resolve that.

Re: Pro 9 Users Receive “There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.”

I am not completely sure about this what to point to. I have looked at the file in AA8 and AA7. I received the error message in the AA7 and got unable to open the file (on the download - it was 421kB). I was able to open this with the AA8 and save as, as well as print a latest version, gone with the Reduce File Size (to Version 5), and Use PDF Optimize (to Version 5). The entire files are getting opened properly in AA7. I have also tried to embed the fonts - a possible issue if folks do not have the fonts.

Re: Pro 9 Users Receive “There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.”

I am running with the same problem . I have a user who received this one error when trying to open up the .pdf from outlook. I had stored that file onto his desktop and then after trying to open that up but it still receives the error message and doesn't open. So I forwarded the email and the pdf getting opened well for me, so the file is not destroyed . I have already cleaned and re-installed the Adobe software and removed the temps, but that didn't work . To add a twist, he can open up the different pdf files, just not ones which are in Outlook. Any help would be feasible for me !