Thread: Acrobat Error code: 1602

Acrobat Error code: 1602

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 that I have installed on my Windows 7 computer. I cannot get the updates that are offered to me whenever it happens on my pc and get an error code 1602 whenever Adobe is trying to install the latest update on my pc. No matter how many times it tries to do the update, this message appears atleast per day which is quite annoying as well. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Acrobat Error code: 1602

Download the Microsoft Clean Up Utility by searching it on the internet. After you have download and installed it in your pc, you need to go to "Start" --> "Programs" and click on "Windows Install Clean Up" to launch the program. In the list that appears, you have to choose “Adobe Reader” (note: nothing else), and then you have to click on the "Remove" button and then "Exit "and restart your PC. This will remove the Adobe application and now you can again install it properly with all the updates in your pc.

When you choose Help > Check For Updates in Acrobat or Reader, the Ready To Install dialog box appears. However, when you click Install, the error Error 1602 appears.

Solution
    Delete the ARM folder under the appropriate directory hierarchy.

Acrobat 9
    Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat\9.2
    Vista: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Acrobat\9.2

Reader 9
    Win XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Reader\9.2
    Vista: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Reader\9.2

More information is given here - http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/er...at-reader.html

Re: Acrobat Error code: 1602

There might be some registry problems in your pc which is not letting you to install Adobe Reader and hence giving you error codes. To solve this issue you will need to download a Registry Cleaner tool such as the CCleaner. First download this tool by searching it on google and install it in your pc. After that open the CCleaner tool to remove the Adobe registry entries completely from your pc and then try to reinstall the Adobe reader again and see if this time the update works normally.