Thread: How do I disable accessibility features???

How do I disable accessibility features???

I have installed the Acrobat Standard 8.1.2. I made a configuration into the program and now unable to undo those changes . It begins when I installed the voice recognition for Microsoft Word. After that I started the Acrobat and it came up with the Accessibility Setup Assistant. I didn't really aware about this what going wrong with this . Now, whenever I pull up a new one document then I am getting a window which states that "Content Preparation Progress". In the window, it states that "Please wait while the document is being prepared for" . Then if I browse up the PDF of something I scanned, I received a window known as "Scanned Page Alert". The message is "This page contains only an image of a scanned page. I didn't got this type of issues before... Please help me out from this problem !!! please ..

Re: How do I disable accessibility features???

I am also one of the user having same issue and going to second this one. After a latest update to Reader 8.1.2 I got the exact same issue . This was never an problem before. Now, whenever I open up the PDF document , I received the inundated with dialog after dialog of accessibility configurations ! It seems very serious and hindrance, and just as sarag, I just need to properly disable the feature and never have to deal with this again. anyone here can share some experience of yours on this ?

This is actually seems very frustrating for me. There is no option to make disable the properties configured within the Accessibility section of the Acrobat 8.1.2 preferences. There are some top tier options listed here :

- Replace Document Colors
    - Always use Page Layout Style... (four options for style)
    - Always use Zoom configuration... (19 options for zoom)
    - Use document structure for tab order when no explicit tab manner is described
    - Always shows the keyboard selection cursor

I am not getting any DISABLE button there!

That's right, Sarag ! And I have done little bit funky when that dialog box initially browse up (According to me, I press the "use default preferences") and after that, every PDF I opened wound up being converted to "accessible" format,commonly changing the fonts of the text to a really bland one. And I am not getting any method to undo what I did. The only thing which I could perform was to just the reinstallation of Acrobat, which I have done already . Now when those dialog boxes poped up, I press the "Cancel" button every time, but it seems very weird to have to do that EVERY time I browse a PDF.

Since this didn't happen when I was running with windows XP,According to me, it might be a Vista element or related bug to this . The issue only happens when I have Speech Recognition open - when I don't, the PDF's open in common way .

Dr. V Guest

The content preparation message shows that the Acrobat has recognized the assistive technology on the computer system just as a screen reader or indeed speech recognition utility. Acrobat/reader is making the document for this, in proper way or wrong.

Unfortunately you are unable to make it disable through an Acrobat preference configuration , but you can limit the frequency from the following way : Edit=>preferences:readingcreen Reader options:Only read the currently visible pages. You can make disable the plugin responsible for it however, move to the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\plug_ins and rename either accessibility.api or readoutloud.api to accessibility.old or readoutloud.old resp.

There is one thing here that can be helpful for you, you need to configure up the little bit changes in the preferences of your document and you should be able to configure up your reading preferences with the "For large documents, only read the currently visible pages" to decrease the configuration of seeing the content preparation message.

I am runnign with the same problem. I have managed to get it to stop disaplaying that message, but when a document getting opens, it's finished something to the text. The fonts are entirely grainy and light and more complex for the eyes to get the clarity -- it looks to be configuring up the font or converting some aspect of this. It entirely looks as a light face of Times, but actually grainy and black unless you zoom in more close.

I have worked with the speech utility for some times to help with an RSI, currently I am getting eye strain because all text in Acrobat seems very terrible! This is very complex to read.