Thread: Adobe Acrobat Activation Problem

Adobe Acrobat Activation Problem

I am suffering with the issues related to the Adobe Acrobat Standard 8 OEM. It was going very well until committing a latest update. Now, it opens for about 10 seconds and then automatically goes quit . If I open Distiller, it states that Acrobat require to be activated which it already has been. I have done the uninstallation and reinstallation but the same issue remains. I have also done the uninstallation with Microsoft Windows Installer and then performed the reinstallation. An Adobe technical support has worked on this for about an hour to no avail. Do you have any method through which I can activate this copy and work with . I would appreciate your help.......

Re: Adobe Acrobat Activation Problem

Actually, My issue is that when I desired to open a PDF document Adobe 8.1.1 got up with the screen stating " Welcome to setup for Adobe Reader 8.1.1 Setup will allow you to repair or remove Adobe Reader 8.1.1 To continue click Next"

This window getting up all time. I have used to make the reinstallation so many time but no avail at all . I can browse up a file if I move to file and choose open with Adobe 8, and it will getting open for me. This of course is awkward and not the common method to open this . What has happened, and how can I found the program to react in common way.

I am suffering with the the same exact problem with the Acrobat Pro v8.1.1 and Distiller. This is a really big issue for me because we are running with an automated process to convert image files into the PDFs and when it happens it halts the process without us knowing .

I am trying to configure out if this is associated to that licensing application which is getting launched within the background, FNPlicensingservice.exe. That application validates your license against a database online to check out if it is legit. But we don't have web access on our box, so I am unable to get that how this could be working.

The only different claimed workaround / resolve which I have heard is that you can move into the Acrobat and run the 'Repair install' option and then things would go fine , but that still doesn't describe what the problem is. Let me find out if you hear anything else....

Hey guys !!! I am glad to report that after a long hold for technical support that I finally got a fix. You should go for a search for a directory known as FlexNet. Within that directory is a file terminating with .data. Just drag this to your desktop and reopen the Adobe. Activate this and you are good to move ! I think, it would be feasible for you. This is my notes:

Windows XP:
    My Computer C: Documents and settings > All users > Application Data>Flexnet >Drag file ending in .data onto desktop > Reopen Adobe > Activate

Windows Vista:
    My Computer > C: ProgramData > Flexnet > Drag file ending in .data to desktop > Reopen Adobe > Activate

Hi Freak ,

I have tried to go through the suggestion posted above but when I move to get something into the Acrobat reader, neither the activate or deactivate options are available. It may be of because I am working on the Windows Server 2003. To reply for your another query, I commonly don't go for that to do "Open with" because I have configured my image files to be browsed by Acrobat by default, so I have just clicked on the image files and Acrobat opens them.

In my situations , I have figured out that the FNPlicensingservice.exe requires to be compiling . I got a method to make it stop from the loading procedure whenever Acrobat or Distiller launches and it properly goes for crash both whenever it's not running. So I am thinking that's the actual problem for me.

Thanks for any help !!!!

The way to using the DTS and the supports for generating the PDF renditions is the Adobe PDF and Postscript Printers. Acrobat is one of the integral section of the PDF creation process in DTS and comes bounded with it, that means for use on servers in the complexity with the Documented Content Server.

You should go for the EMC suggested documentation and support associated with the EMC Documented Content Server and DTS 5.3, as Adobe and EMC contains an official partnership associated with this software.