Thread: update failed--Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard 8.2.0

update failed--Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard 8.2.0

I received a pop-up which initially stated that the updates were ready to install. But when I clicked to perform the installation of those , I just received the message as :

"Update failed--Cannot install the update. Please run Adobe Acrobat Repair. Error: 1500." Adobe Acrobat 8.2.0 includes a Help tool called "Repair Acrobat Installation," but not "Adobe Acrobat Repair."
    I am not getting what and why it is behaving like this. And also where do I find this and how do I get the updates installed ?

Re: update failed--Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard 8.2.0

Just running with a lot of issues with trying to update Adobe Acrobat in a computer laboratory; I would get the error message as :

Update Failed
    Cannot install the update
    Please run Adobe Acrobat Repair
    Error: 1500

Launching the Adobe Acrobat Repair from the Help menu occurred me an error message and pointing that my U: drive couldn't be found... That is what provide me the fix for this issue . In our laboratory, map the My Documents directory to a network drive but my admin account doesn't contain a network drive so its "My Documents" directory is invalid.

Actually, the issue is related to the updation and the Adobe Acrobat update needs a valid and verified My Documents directory to commit the updates .

You have to go through the following: Just right click on the My Documents icon on the desktop, select "Properties," and then select "Restore Default" and get a functioning location to My Documents and the update ran very well -- I didn't even have to execute the Adobe Acrobat Repair tool.

This is my issue : I am trying to perform the installation of Adobe Reader 9.2 update and when I try the install the same, I received the below described error message as : "Update Failed...cannot install the update. Please run Adobe Reader Repair". I then launched the Adobe Reader Repair and received the stuckful error : "Error 1402 Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OpitionalCompo nents\MSFS. ...

Thanks for any help ..

Hey dude , would you tell me something about your current configuration. means can you tell me that which one operating system, you are using right now ? Are you going to install the Reader 5 or Reader 9? Are you going for the up-gradation of Reader 5 to Reader 9 ? If so, you have to go for the proper and complete uninstallation of the Reader 5 before installing the newly released Reader version .

I am having the same issue and getting " Error 1500 " . It asks me to launch the Adobe repair from the help menu and I have done the same as it asked to do about but that also does not work for me. I have completely updated the Windows XP system . My Adobe Acrobat is 9.3 pro extended.

I have bought the 9.0 in December month and the upgrade worked fine but this thing for 9.3.1 will not. I though that it can be fixed after making some reboot of my system and I have restarted the machine several times. The program itself seems to work well.

I can update Reader in proper way on my computer system. If you can post me the “AdobeARM.log” and “MSIxxx.log” from %temp% destination of your system then I can be able to look properly for this very problem .

1) To enable the ARM log, conifgure the following registry key,
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe ARM\1.0\ARM]
    "iLogLevel"=dword:00000001

2) To enable the MSI log, you should configure up the registry key suggested below,
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer\]
    "Logging"="voicewarmupx"

After configuring up the above suggested registry key values, you have to just open up the Reader and go for the same update activity ,which was not working for you.