Thread: Norton 360 2.0 is not installing on Windows 7

Norton 360 2.0 is not installing on Windows 7

I have done a recent upgradation of the operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. I was using AVG antivirus in the older operating system. I have heard that Norton is a better antivirus than AVG. So, I decided to change to the same. But, the unusual issue is that Norton 360 2.0 is not installing on Windows 7. I am not able to understand why this is happening. If anyone knows the cause of the same, then kindly provide some help as soon as possible.

Re: Norton 360 2.0 is not installing on Windows 7

If Norton 360 2.0 is not installing on Windows 7, then this is a problem caused because the operating system is blocking the setup from running. Windows 7 does this blockage for securing the system. You can get rid of this block with the help of the Run as Administrator option. It will actually, force the setup to run. Just let me know if the problem is solved after that or not.

As you have done an upgradation of the Windows 7 operating system, I suppose that the files of the programs that were in the older operating system, that is Windows Vista may be prevailing. So, it seems that there are some conflicts with AVG and Norton 360 2.0 which is resulting in the installation error. So, I suggest you to install a tool called Speedup my PC and remove all the traces of the previously installed antivirus and after that try out doing the installation.

According to me, Norton 360 2.0 is not installing on Windows 7 because the operating system is incompatible with the particular software that you are trying to install. Such issues are seen with most of the applications and softwares that run fine in the older versions of Windows. Inorder to keep away from such problems, it is always recommended that Windows 7 must never be upgraded or installed.

While working with the Windows 7 operating system, it is required that all the softwares and applications that are used must be of the latest versions, otherwise then can be problems of incompatibility. So, I suppose that Norton 360 2.0 is not installing on Windows 7 because of an incompatibility problem only. If you can get the latest version of Norton, then you will not face any such issues because I have seen that the developers are making it sure that all the new versions of the applications and softwares released must be supported by all the platforms that are released in the market.

I suggest you to quit installing this antivirus, if you are still facing the same situation that Norton 360 2.0 is not installing on Windows 7. AVG antivirus is quite better than Norton. Norton makes the system slower as compared to any other antivirus. Also, AVG 8 and 9 are assured to be supported by Windows 7 because I have used them in my computer with this same operating system.