Thread: Isn't LR3 supposed to automatically choose correct camera/lens for correction

Isn't LR3 supposed to automatically choose correct camera/lens for correction

This was one of the most important characteristics I was looking forward to. So, the first photo I tried this by means of, I ticked "facilitate profiles alteration" in the developed module, additional than it did not select anything. So, I facilitated Canon as the camera, then I needed to look for my lenses, additional than it was not on the list I am using the Canon 50D w/ a Canon 100 f2.8 IS Macro. This lens is extremely popular.

Re: Isn't LR3 supposed to automatically choose correct camera/lens for correction

There is not an official customary for writing lens metadata, so sometimes LR does not be familiar with which lens was used. LR determines to merely mechanically select profiles when it's attractive certain. If your lens is in the pop-up menus beneath, you are able to select it and then select 'Save New Camera Lens Default' from the Setup pop-up over, so it determine to mechanically be selected in future.

Re: Isn't LR3 supposed to automatically choose correct camera/lens for correction

If the lens is not there yet, you be able to hang approximately for a profile to be built for that lens (it's early days), utilize the manual controls to adjust it yourself, or utilize the Lens Profile Creator to build your own profile. If you have comprised CS5, you be able to in addition search online to observe if anybody else has profiled that lens yet. Metadata for identifying a lens is starting to become standardized by means of the recent release of EXIF 2.3. Hopefully this determine to simplify things going forward.

As point toward in Toms notes, they encompass profiled a handful of lenses so far and plan to make bigger the set by means of time. I am not going to get into a full conversation of the priories and tradeoffs involved, additional than suffice it to say that at the same time as the 100 macro and its innovative IS variant are popular, they are in addition not the lenses most in necessitate of assist, so to speak.

The automatic selection is running a bit mysteriously for me. When I turn on lens corrections, if the lens is a Nikon it fills in the entire the data mechanically. If it's my Sigma 10-20, it leaves the entire the data blank in anticipation of I choose "sigma" from the manufacturer pull-down, then it fills in the rest - 10-20, Nikon profile - mechanically. Why be able to it do that subsequent to I specify the mfg., additional than cannot do it until then.

One additional query regarding this. If I desire to turn lens alteration on for a big batch of pix, the merely way I observe to do that is to do it on one, then sync them the entire. Additional than, if I do it that method, determine to it figure out that dissimilar pix might have encompass dissimilar lenses and select consequently, or determine to it select the similar lens for the entire the synched pix.

For the reason that the information in sequence the file has narrowed down to a small number of potential lens matches, and when you have told it that it was a Sigma lens, it's been capable to fit together the rest of the information in sequence together to choose the right one. Having selected Sigma, and it's filled in the rest of the information in sequence, select 'Save New Lens Profile Default' from the Setup pop-up menu, and then it determine to fill mechanically in future.