Thread: Reader 9 won't open PDF from web browser

Reader 9 won't open PDF from web browser

Hello, I have a problem with PDF files. Indeed, in theory I have Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 on the computer that was installed by my dealer and I have since re-download. Now when I want to open a pdf it tells me "The program adobe acrobat / reader running can not be used to display PDF files in a web browser. Version 8 or 9 adobe acrobat / reader is needed. Quit the application and then retry ". In addition I have an icon Adobe Reader 9 where I can go and where I have a toolbar. The problem does not he come ADOBE READER 3 I Recycling my old computer and which could block the 9th? Answer me in a clear style troubleshooting for ZERO.

Re: Reader 9 won't open PDF from web browser

This might be a problem with your browser and hence i would suggest you to get the browser installed once again on your system. You have also not mentioned which browser you are using on your system. Try to use the mozilla Firefox browser latest version would be preferable. Hope that this will help you to get rid of this problem.

The problem is that I can not open a PDF file directly from Firefox or from the Opera. This phenomenon started after installing COMODO Internet Security Avira AntiVir previously had, and there was no problem. When you open a file in Firefox appears to frame the message - and I quote, "The server is busy - can not complete this action, because the program is not responding. Choose 'switch to' to activation ". I did what I was told, but still hatch. To make things more interesting (and perhaps funny) above is not a problem in Internet Explorer. Maybe someone has an idea to solve this problem in Firefox. For any comments thank you in advance.

Check if it is not doing Comodo Defense +, reduce the level of Defense to the level of learning and see if you jump from Comodo message that Firefox wants to launch Acrobat Reader (or whatever you have to odcz. PDF). I think that the firewall is preventing the Acrobat application and it is not allowing adobe reader to open the pdf document.

Avoid error when opening. Pdf in FF, install the plug-in PDF Download . You will have the choice whether to open the *. pdf file or download the above mentioned file and then open it in the same external application. And besides: what version of FF and what other application are do you use to open the *. pdf files

If Firefox + Adobe Acrobat plugin depending on the version of the Adobe Reader installed, try to install a different / newer version of AR. I had a similar problem in the browser tab, you can open a PDF file only once, every time we hung up after the close of the first card in the task manager process still was running Adobe Reader - it was necessary to terminate it manually.

Firefox is already a newer version (3.6), but still something to hang sometimes, for example the latest Flash plugin. In addition to Adobe Reader, or whatever it is called now, you can try Foxit Reader, fast, small display can handle everything except (in any case a long time since I went there, so that he could not cope), and like the product Adobe has the ability to integrate with browsers.

Since the browser could not reinstall the result, nor a change version of Adobe. Today FireFox completely removed, I decided that since I install the new browser. After installing FireFox version 2.0 downloaded Adobe 8.1. Now everything is already as it should be. Reinstall the browser itself, which yesterday did nothing could. Total uninstall and install could result. Thank you for your help on this topic.