Thread: Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file

Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file

Why is it you imagine somebody else requirements to FIX this tribulations. Did you not maintain the installation package and/or instructions you got by means of your previous plug-ins. For those that cannot be installed into a Photoshop version or description that did not even exist when they were released, have you encompass or checked to observe if there are updates obtainable from the plug-in manufacturers. You might extremely well have comprised to pay to upgrade these. You paid to upgrade Photoshop, so is that a tribulations.

Re: Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file

This is a Photoshop CS3 inaccuracy that I encountered subsequent to opening a PNG file that is invented to be a readable format by Photoshop. This “might not complete your request for the reason that the file-format module cannot parse the file” inaccuracy pops up subsequent to I opened the file. The merely explanation that I be able to imagine of to open the file is open it to an additional editor, similar to Microsoft Picture Viewer. Save it as PNG the entire in excess of again, then open it again in Photoshop and it runs presently extremely well.

Re: Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file

An additional explanation is, you be able to open it in Microsoft Picture Viewer or a Browser (Firefox or IE). Then, press print screen. Subsequent to pressing print screen, then you have to go to Photoshop. Generate an innovative project, then CTRL+V (To paste what you encompass copied). Then that’s it, you have to comprise the file opened in Photoshop CS3. What if the file is a DDS and cannot be opened in several additional programs.

I make use of Photoshop CS4 at present and I have comprised a tribulations when I desire to import (by dragging and dropping, importing, open - I tried each technique) a .png or i.e. in addition an .jpg: when I worked a short time by means of PS (i.e. 10 minutes) and desire to open a .png then, there comes the popup-window by means of: "Might not complete your request for the reason that the file-format module cannot parse the file".

The humorous thing is: my file is not out of order. For the reason that if I then shutdown PS and open it the entire in excess of again, there is no longer a tribulations to open the .png-file. Subsequent to at the same time as of course it comes back. So the entire solutions that I originate on these tribulations were "the Norton antivirus is in addition running"-solution: additional than I have no NAV working. And the files are not scratched. Otherwise I might not have opened it subsequent to restarting PS. I purged the entire files and I have encompassed sufficient accumulation. So it does not seem to be tribulations of my system presentation.

You have to endeavor resetting your preferences you moreover have to physically delete (or rename) the predilection files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be certain that you get a substantiation dialog. This resets the entire settings in Photoshop to factory defaulting. A complete uninstall/re-install determines to not affect the preferences and a corrupt file there might be causing the tribulations.

OK so do you have comprised sufficient scratch disk and ram assigned to Photoshop to be running by means of so many image levels/images at the similar time. I do not recall you posting your system specs. I am leaning toward a memory tribulations; corrupting your preferences (assuming that you do not have adequate memory space to be running by means of that many files open incessantly). Of course cannot rule this out until seeing the specs.