Thread: Problem with processing D90's NEF in CameraRaw 5.2

Problem with processing D90's NEF in CameraRaw 5.2

I am facing a very unusual problem with processing D90's NEF in CameraRaw 5.2. The situation is that when I open this application, I am able to find weird spots on the surface. I am not able to get rid of these spots. First of all I am not able to understand where these spots came from. I am encountering these spots ever since I have done an upgradation from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Please assist me to remove these spots from the application.

Re: Problem with processing D90's NEF in CameraRaw 5.2

It seems that the problem with processing D90's NEF in CameraRaw 5.2 is being caused because of some incompatibility issue between the Windows 7 operating system and the particular application that you are using. I suggest you to start the application with the help of the troubleshoot compatibility. Thus, you will set the operating system in the compatibility mode. Just let me know if you can still see the spots in this mode.
    Last edited by Glenny; 11-07-2010 at 12:59 AM.

There is no need to worry if there is a problem with processing D90's NEF in CameraRaw 5.2. Well, I have faced the same issue and I know how to get rid of the same. It is required that you must increase the Color Noise Reduction sliders or change the Defringe option to "ON".

This is an assured method, as I have tried the same before in my system. Well, I was using Windows Vista when I had seen this issue with the application. You will have to run the hardware and software evaluation tool to know about its compatibility with Windows 7.

I am just getting a sharpened image when I increase the Color Noise Reduction sliders or change the Defringe option to "ON". I suppose that you guys are not able to understand the problem with processing D90's NEF in CameraRaw 5.2. The image is clear. But, when I zoom it to more than 200%, the dots seem to appear. I want to get rid of these dots. Anyways, thanks for all the help till now.

The problem with processing D90's NEF in CameraRaw 5.2 that you are facing is a genuine one. There is no need to worry. It is recommended that you must not zoom more than 200%. This is because the clarity of the image is simply lost. The dots can be of various colors like blue, red, orange and pink. So, this is not any incompatibility problem between the application and Windows 7.

As mentioned in the reply of ThoMas321 the problem with processing D90's NEF in CameraRaw 5.2 is actually not to be taken as an issue. I had thought that an image can be zoomed upto a maximum of 200%. I had this query because I had not faced such a situation while using the older operating system. Well, all your comments and suggestions were very much helpful. I hope to get the same help in the future.