Thread: Installing Old Plug-ins into CS5

Installing Old Plug-ins into CS5

Is it probable to install previous plug-ins (plugins) into Adobe Photoshop CS5. I have comprised and tried a couple of my previous plug-ins and might not get several to demonstrate up under the Filters menu. I installed to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-ins. I tried installing Noise Ninja 2.3.2. I tried installing Kodak GEM AIR Pro. I tried installing Phototune SkinTun. No luck by means of several of them. I in addition tried installing a couple to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Filters. But it does not run for me any suggestion.

Re: Installing Old Plug-ins into CS5

Make sure you run this program as an administrator and then enter OK. Launch Adobe Photoshop CS5 (simple not the 64) your previous plug-ins is supposed to at present be obtainable. Additional than, simply in the 32 bit version. (One thing that was been fouling me up, was using file for testing that opened to a layer that some of those plug-ins do not run on.). This is what worked for that one: First you have to copy the plug in. If there is a .dll, copy the complete folder containing together the .8BF and .dll to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-ins\Filters. Then you have to right hit it off Adobe Photoshop CS5 icon (simple not the 64). Subsequent to it Left hit it off the Properties. Then move to the compatibility Tab. Create certain: Run this program in compatibility mode for then you have to choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

You are accurate. The XP Compatibility mode is not desirable to work Photoshop by means of the previous plug-ins subsequent to installation. I keep the entire my filters in a directory separate from PS and utilize Edit > Preferences > Plug Ins and make use of the Additional Plug-Ins Folder. So simple to get them when changing PS versions or descriptions. Do you necessitate a separate folder for 32 bit and 64 bit compatible plug-ins by means of the individual PS versions pointed to the right one or be able to you put together versions or descriptions in one folder and then determine to the appropriate PS versions locate the accurate one to utilize.

It might be a solitary folder Photoshop determine to merely be familiar with and load the appropriate version or description of the code. I make use of the similar folder for CS4 and CS5. The preferences basically tells PS where to look for plug-ins. Does not matter what version or description you are using. In excess of the years, this has saved me untold hours of installing plug-ins.

I have by no means tried the separate plug in folder additional than would similar to as I am maintain CS4 and CS5 on my system (32 and 64 bit instill the entire plug-ins run in 64 bit) and the plug ins are taking up drive space. The motivation I was asking is that the Read Me file of CS% (which I presently installed additional than encompass not yet used) says certain plug ins determine to crash CS5. So I was worried regarding mixing 32 bit and 64 bit plug-ins as well as CS5 similar in temperament and CS5 not yet similar in temperament plug ins and having CS5 64 bit as well as the 32 bit PS look at the similar folder for fear of crashing the program/system. I gather from what you say that you encompass completed immediately that by means of no tribulations.

The 32 bit plug-ins merely runs by means of 32 bit Photoshop, at the same time as merely 64 bit plug-ins work by means of 64 bit Photoshop. I suspect the 32/64 bit mismatch might be at the root of the tribulations you are seeing, Hawaii-geek. Plug-ins generally requirements to be installed in the innovative version or description of Photoshop. For 32 bit plug-ins, perhaps, immediately perhaps, for an individual plug-in you be able to locate a method to copy the proper file(s) so that Photoshop CS5 determine to locate them under its OWN Plug-ins subfolder. Photoshop specify plug-ins it locates there when it first starts. Additional than this is not a given as a plug-in might set up things additional than immediately the files when it is installed.

The one thing to keep in mind is that you completely have to not point the "Extra Plug-ins Folder" at the Plug-ins database of a previous Photoshop installation. Doing so determine to mix plug-ins complete by means of the older Photoshop version or description by means of your innovative Photoshop version and this determine to cause you tribulations. HangtownGal is using that characteristic right. For simple one-file plug-ins, you be supposed to be capable to point each version or description of Photoshop to a ordinary separate plug-ins folder, additional than keep in mind the 32 vs. 64 bit problem. I mentioned on top of. The states, 32 bit Photoshop determine to merely load 32 bit plug-ins, and 64 bit Photoshop determine to merely load 64 bit plug-ins (which are reasonably rare tranquil). And keep in mind additional complex plugins often are sets of files that are sometimes copied to a number of dissimilar places in the Photoshop installation area.