Thread: LightRoom 3 VS LightRoom 2.7 default sharpness

LightRoom 3 VS LightRoom 2.7 default sharpness

Has anyone tested the LightRoom 3 VS LightRoom 2.7 default sharpness? This is because I have installed LightRoom 3 recently in my system, when I upgraded the operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. I am transferring the images from LightRoom 2.7, that I was using in Windows Vista to this new version of the software that I am currently using. Well, the problem that I noticed is that the images in the older version are sharper than those in this new version. The default settings are not proving to be proper. Kindly share all your experiences.

Re: LightRoom 3 VS LightRoom 2.7 default sharpness

I have not compared between the LightRoom 3 VS LightRoom 2.7 default sharpness. Well, if you feel that the older version of this software has better sharpness, then it will be better to use the same in Windows 7. I can assure you that there are no incompatibility issues between LightRoom 2.7 and Windows 7 because I am using it in my system with this operating system.

There are many problems in LightRoom 3 as compared to LightRoom 2.7. I suppose that these are the bugs that have been encountered. Also, LightRoom 3 is very much slower than LightRoom 2.7. It is suggested that you must use LightRoom 2.7 until the bugs and other problems of the new version are eradicated. The default sharpness in not being set in LightRoom 3 may be an internal issue of the application.

There are no such problems between LightRoom 3 VS LightRoom 2.7 default sharpness. I guess that the settings are not proper. It is required that you must do the settings manually. Try out each manual setting and then, check out if the sharpness. I hope that the issue will be solved. I am using LightRoom 3 and I am not facing any problems as you are encountering. There is a possibility that the images that you have taken does not have good quality.

I have checked out with the hardware and software evaluation tool and have come to know that there are no incompatibility problems between LightRoom 3 and the Windows 7 operating system. I think that this is just a feeling that I am getting with the new version of this software. So, I suppose that I have to get used to it and will find the sharpness as normal.