Thread: Adobe Photoshop CS4 freezes at "Preparing to Install..." on Mac OS X 10.6

Adobe Photoshop CS4 freezes at "Preparing to Install..." on Mac OS X 10.6

I am facing a weird situation that the Adobe Photoshop CS4 freezes at "Preparing to Install..." on Mac OS X 10.6. I have this same software installed in my laptop, that is installed with Windows Vista. I have installed Mac OS X 10.6 recently in my desktop. I hope installing the softwares in Mac is the same as in Windows. Please help me to fix this problem as soon as possible.

Re: Adobe Photoshop CS4 freezes at "Preparing to Install..." on Mac OS X 10.6

I guess that Adobe Photoshop CS4 freezes at "Preparing to Install..." on Mac OS X 10.6 because the version of the software that you are using may be developed for the Windows operating system. You must remember that Windows softwares cannot be used in Mac operating systems.

So, it is required that you must download the particular software that is launched for Mac operating systems. Installing the same will solve the issue.

If you are trying to install the software that is made from Mac and even after that, if you are encountering the problem that Adobe Photoshop CS4 freezes at "Preparing to Install..." on Mac OS X 10.6, then it is possible that the antivirus that you are using in your system is blocking the installation from starting. Just disable the antivirus till the installation is complete and the situation will be fixed.

According to me, if the antivirus is not responsible for the issue that Adobe Photoshop CS4 freezes at "Preparing to Install..." on Mac OS X 10.6, then some other activities are going on within your computer, causing the same. You will have to identify them with the help of the Activity Monitor. Just let me know when you find out the cause of the problem.

It seems that you are trying to install a trial version of Adobe Photoshop CS4. If this is so, then I have seen that such versions freeze at "Preparing to Install...". This is some sort of bug in these versions. Anyways, there is only one method to get rid of this issue. You will have to download the full version of this software. I can assure you that there will be no such issue in that version. Make sure that you download the software that is meant for Mac OS X 10.6.

It is a great surprise to know that the trial version of Adobe Photoshop CS4 has indeed got some bugs. I came to know about the same because when I downloaded a new copy of a trial version of the same software, I was getting the message that I used to get with the previous copy. Anyways, I have downloaded a full version of Adobe Photoshop CS4 and I have got rid of these errors totally.