Thread: LightRoom 3 is slower than LightRoom 2 in every way

LightRoom 3 is slower than LightRoom 2 in every way

I was using Windows Vista previously and was working with LightRoom 2 in it. Well, I have done an upgradation to Windows 7 and have heard that all the latest versions of the applications and programs must be used in this particular operating system. So, I have installed LightRoom 3. But, the unusual problem that I am facing is that LightRoom 3 is slower than LightRoom 2 in every way. Has anyone experienced the same? Kindly reply soon.

Re: LightRoom 3 is slower than LightRoom 2 in every way

If LightRoom 3 is slower than LightRoom 2 in every way, then according to me, this is not the problem of the application. You must remember that the Windows 7 operating system uses a lot of graphics and other resources of the system. So, not only this particular application, but all the programs in the system become slow. To increase the speed of the application, you will have to work with one at a time.

There is a possibility that your system contains lot junk files. This is making the entire system slow as well as you are experiencing that LightRoom 3 is slower than LightRoom 2 in every way. Hence, there is a need to optimize your system. Use the following tools for this purpose of optimization:
    1. Speedup my PC
    2. Tuneup Utilities
    3. Registry Mechanic

Your computer may not be having the required resources to run the Windows 7 operating system as well as LightRoom 3. Well, there is one solution that can help you in this case. You will have to start the task manager and then, end all the unwanted processes that are running. Also, the built-in gadgets of the system must be stopped. The graphical theme provided by Windows 7 must be switched to the aero theme.

I have not been able to eradicate the problem that LightRoom 3 is slower than LightRoom 2 in every way. I have downloaded all the 3 tools that Eric B has mentioned in one of the above post. Well, it has increased the speed of my computer, but the application is as slow as before. I suppose this is a genuine problem faced. The previous version may be faster than the latest one.