Thread: Exit Code: 6 in Photoshop CS5 trial install

Exit Code: 6 in Photoshop CS5 trial install

I have downloaded the trial version of Photoshop CS5 and I had installed it in Windows Vista. Well, now I have done a clean install to Windows 7 and the issue is that I am getting an error message as Exit Code: 6 in Photoshop CS5 trial install. I am not able to understand why this is happening. I need some assistance to install this particular software in Windows 7. So, provide some help as soon as possible.

Re: Exit Code: 6 in Photoshop CS5 trial install

There is a possibility that Photoshop CS5 is incompatible with the Windows 7 operating system because of which you are encountering the Exit Code: 6 in Photoshop CS5 trial install. There is no need to worry.

Go to the official site of Adobe and check out if the support for this software is available for Windows 7 or not. If it is available, then check out the system requirements of this software. If it does not match your computer configuration, then this is what is causing the problem.

It seems that the antivirus is blocking the setup and thus, there is an Exit Code: 6 in Photoshop CS5 trial install. I have faced this same problem with another application and thus, I can assure you that this is the reason. anyways, you have to disable the antivirus for the installation of this software.

If the problem persists even after that, then just let me know about the same. I am awaiting your reply.

A similar issue was encountered in my system with the trial version install of Photoshop CS5 in my system. The progress of the setup used to stop at 20%. The issue is that the setup of the software that you are having is corrupt. You will have to download a new copy of this same software and then, try doing the installation. I hope that your situation will be fixed after that.

It is always recommended that one must not use the trial version of any softwares or applications, since there are bugs. I suppose this is the same reason why you are facing a Exit Code: 6 in Photoshop CS5 trial install. So, the only solution that can be used, according to me, is to download the full version of Photoshop CS5. I have not seen people facing any issues with this full version.

Many-a-times, the installation of various softwares are blocked in the Windows 7 operating system because of just a security feature. Well, the run as administrator is an option that forces to get rid of such blockages. So, I recommend you to right-click on the setup of this software and then, use the above mentioned option to force this setup to start.

I think that the trial version of Photoshop CS5 has the problem of the Exit Code: 6. I was not able to start the installation with any of your suggestions. So, I downloaded the full version of this software and used the run as administrator option to start the setup. To my surprise, the installation started and I am using it without any issues in Windows 7.