Thread: Hash map in flex

Hash map in flex

I have a technique which it returns Map object I desire to get those map. Values in to flex. How be able to do this. Anyone tell me, how to utilize flex submission as portlet for oracle portal server. If you have several illustrations, it determines to be great. Is there a method to get the list of keys from the top of HashMap. The Dictionary on which this HashMap is based on does not provide API methods for Key Lookup.

Re: Hash map in flex

The enclosure of the Dictionary class in ActionScript 3 generate numerous potential when sub classing. The Dictionary class permits for generating key / value mappings or tables which are additional frequently recognized as Hashes or Hash Maps. The merely difficulty is that the Dictionary class does not make available an API for working by means of the map. The Dictionary class is a superior starting point in which sub classes are able to generate managed key / value hash maps and make available methods for retrieving values and keys as well as removing values, determining how many key / values exist and so on.

I am working on a assignment in which the data set is encompass of sentences tokenized into their personality parts of speech; noun, verb, preposition etc. Part of the prerequisite is that a lookup be able to be made on several individual parts of speech to retrieve further information in sequence such as tense, plurality and so on. At first I basically used a Dictionary for the mappings additional than ended up adding the entire kinds of logic outside of the map at whatever time I desirable to create certain for a key or add a value and so on. So I decided to write a easy HashMap class for AS3 which is comparable to the HashMap obtainable in java.util.HashMap.

There was a tribulation in the innovative version or description whereas the values were being set to null to a certain extent than deleted. I have in view of the fact that updated the HashMap API to delete items totally, thus removing them from the occurrence. Give the updated description a try and let me be familiar with if this fixes the problem. It eliminates the value but leaves the key it’s not even nulling it, it is tremendously strange.

I got the utils.swc from here regarding 3 weeks ago almost certainly it was wrong version or description. anyways I immediately grabbed source at present and build it from source to create certain, I determine to test delete, (I had to modify code to not make use of eliminate so I determine to go back and try by means of eliminating the entire in excess of again) I have in addition added one api Method – I desirable “putAll” (not certain if it’s any utilize additional than determine to paste it here anyways).

As I had mentioned in a preceding position I have encompass refactored the HashMap API from an “is-a” relationship to a “has-a” relationship in organize to make available sanctuary to the map from unintentional exploitation. Therefore you be able to merely have right of entry the underlying map (Dictionary) in a HashMap occurrence via the procedure defined in the IMap interface, which is implemented by the HashMap.

You have to make a note of changing API from IS a to has a introduced diminutive inconvenience, tribulations is that at present hashmap is not possible to debug, for the reason that it has no public properties, and debugger cannot read methods, I would say altering getKeys api technique (in IMAP) to function get keys and getValues method to function get values determine to take care of the tribulations, otherwise cannot debug hashmap.