Thread: Do I need to keep the 2.3 GB AdobePatchFiles folder?

Do I need to keep the 2.3 GB AdobePatchFiles folder?

I am having the folder in the Applications with the name “AdobePatchFiles” and the size is around 2.3 gigabyte. The thing is that it will safe or not to delete this. I need to free up the disk space. I have not installed the complete CS4 Master collection; I have only installed the applications for the specific purpose. The question is that do I need to keep the 2.3 GB AdobePatchFiles folder?

Re: Do I need to keep the 2.3 GB AdobePatchFiles folder?

Well I cannot say clearly for deleting it. Just make the backup for the folder that you need to delete and then delete it. After doing this delete this folder and check whether you are able to run the Photoshop without any problem. If you are facing problem then restore the folder and do not think of deleting it. But if Photoshop is running without any problem then you can delete it.

I use windows vista and when I downloaded files (game demo or patch) adobe fails to open or even read them because "The file type is not supported or file is damaged (it has been sent as an attachment and not decoded correctly, for example) "I have noticed that all these files are zipped, so I downloaded a program to the unzipped, but this one is even zipped it impossible for the opening and therefore the use anyway I doubt that this is the solution because I managed to download and open files before without problems.

To unzip your programs use Winrar or Winzip you can download 01net from the official website. Then I did not understand your concern with adobe because usually the demo games are setup files. Exe I do not understand what Adobe is doing there. According to me there is no relation between Adobe and the patch you have downloaded. But keep searching may be you get the solution.

I am also facing the similar problem and the thing is that when I downloaded games and other Adobe opens by default by dropping these packets manually and at the time of download it ask me to delete exe is there a test I can do to see if the exe file "kidding" or there is something. I hope I have been clear how that can be seen that I do not understand it.

Adobe has released a series of security patches for its software Photoshop for Windows and Mac, to fill security gaps characterized criticism. Indeed, these flaws allow malicious code execution without the knowledge of the user by replacing certain files with viruses or Trojan horses. According to Adobe, these faults also allow an attacker to read and edit a large number of files on an infected system. It is therefore recommended to the owner of the software, update as soon as possible.