Thread: Photoshop CS5: Installing Bridge update 4.0.1 does not work

Photoshop CS5: Installing Bridge update 4.0.1 does not work

I am facing an unusual problem with Photoshop CS5, that installing Bridge update 4.0.1 does not work. My computer is running the Windows 7 operating system and the application was running fine before the update. As there is an error in the update, the application has also stopped working. I am not able to understand why the update was not able to take place and how to solve this situation.
    Last edited by Anyone-4-CS; 10-07-2010 at 01:42 AM.

Re: Photoshop CS5: Installing Bridge update 4.0.1 does not work

Some internal problem must have caused an update error and due to that issue, the update was not able to complete. Due to this incomplete update, the application must have become corrupt and ultimately, it has stopped working. If you want the same old application, then you will have to reinstall it. If you want the new version, then directly download the new copy of this software.

It is always suggested that you must never update to a new version of an application of upgrade to a new operating system. The reason is that if there are problems in the older version, then they will be transferred in the newer ones. In your case, there must have already been a problem in the currently used version and due to this, the update must have been blocked by the application itself because of some conflicts.

I have faced a similar problem with Photoshop CS5. Installing Bridge update 4.0.1 did not used to work. I had reported about the problem to the officials, that is Adobe and they had responded back to me saying that the server was currently busy.

So, I dont think that there is any need to worry. You must try doing the update after some days. But, the application must be in working condition for this purpose. You have mentioned that it has become corrupt because of which I am clarifying this.

I guess that you are trying to do the updation of Photoshop CS5 manually and this is why there is a possibility that it is not working because of this reason. Anyways, there is a feature of auto update available. So, according to me, you must try doing the update with this particular feature. Just let me know if the problem is solved or not with the help of this technique.

I have completely removed the copy of the application that was installed in my system. I have downloaded a totally new copy of this latest version that I was trying to update to. Well, the problem has been solved. The application is running completely fine with a single problem that it is comparatively slow from the older version that I was using.