Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Photoshop CS5 "Help" function not working - Adobe Air error message?

Windows Software

Old 09-07-2010

Photoshop CS5 "Help" function not working - Adobe Air error message?

I have Installed Photoshop CS5, and reflection everything was operational okay, however at what time I click on Photoshop Help, I obtain the error message "Adobe Air - This installation of this application is damaged. Try re-installing.." I did re-installed first Adobe Air, similar difficulty and then uninstalled and re-installed Photoshop CS5, however the difficulty remains. When I first attempted to utilize the Help function it attempted to upgrade something and for several cause this failed. Please help me.

Old 09-07-2010

Re: Photoshop CS5 "Help" function not working - Adobe Air error message?

Pair of things to assist narrows down the problem:
It shall be helpful to inform if other impartial AIR application run - if you include any different installed, or need to grip a free one from here:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/marketp...ce.home&market placeid=1
That would assist fine it behind to a CS5 precise problem as opposed to a common problem through AIR on the systems where people are getting this problem.
You can attempt to this process to try and get AIR uninstalled and reinstalled:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb40315...ions_adobe_air
Old 09-07-2010

I have uninstalled and also downloaded and re-installed however got the similar results.... I obtain an error warning showing: "This installation of this application is damaged. Try re-installing or contacting the publisher for assistance."
Old 09-07-2010

I have presently downloaded different AIR application (Livebrush) which is working fine. Only Adobe Help appears affected (not just from inside Photoshop, however any CS5 application which utilize Help).
I have installed CS5 the past first Help was running with no issue, then it prompted me to upgrade through 3.0.0.400 to 3.2.something, and which is update appeared to go mistaken Since then /Applications/Adobe/Adobe Help.app displays an generic icon and is approximately 94K in size, and still at version number 3.0.0.400.
Old 09-07-2010

It looks like other AIR application are working. Here's what happened for me...
  • Explored Help in CS5, and the whole thing worked fine.
  • Got a observe there was an update available.
  • Downloaded the update, install started, and then an error displayed through the install, prompting me to endeavor again.
Old 10-07-2010

Hello: there shall be a configuration problem going on here. I have go up this problem to our Help application engineering group. In the meanwhile, please try the following:
1. You have to Uninstall the Adobe Help application: then you have go to your Application folder > Adobe > Adobe Help (drag it to the Trash)
2.And then remove the following directory:
USER NAME (home) > Library > Preferences > chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.
3. Unfilled the Trash
4. Manually upgrade the application through this link: http://www.adobe.com/support/chc/
choose "Photoshop" in process 1 and after that click the Install badge in Step 2. Confirm to choose "Open" (and not Save) in the installation dialog box to completely update the application.
Old 12-07-2010

I have once again the upgrade commands up on top of to contain supplementary steps to make sure correct uninstallation of the application and its related preference folder. FYI, the group is now also working on the problem however I thought it may be helpful to try these supplementary measures in the meanwhile.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,