Thread: InDesign CS5 export to CS2 for client use

InDesign CS5 export to CS2 for client use

I am having an issue with the InDesign CS5. Actually i have designed a file which i wanted to run on the client machine who is using the InDesign CS2 but when i am trying to open the .idml file on client machine it is not opening that i have made in InDesign CS5. So is it possible to open the file in the lower version of the product. Thank you.

Re: InDesign CS5 export to CS2 for client use

I think that it is not possible to run the file of the CS5 to InDesign CS2. As per my knowledge there is only support for the one version less like, you can use the CS5 in CS4 and not more than this. Same goes with all the version of the product which can support only the previous version of the same. Thats it!!!!

I agree with the above replies regarding the InDesign CS5 export to CS2 for client use and let me tell you that you can not back to the version that you are willing to do. I have also tried running the same version of the InDesign to the another version and getting the same problem. I have got this to say only.

There is only one thing that will help you with the problem you are getting and it is with the upgradation of the system that you are using. Just upgrade the system of the Client machine that is running with the older version of the same. As the InDesign only support one previously version of the same that you are going through. So upgrade and enjoy.

I was also going through the same problem and looking for solution of it all over the internet but did not got any solution that will help with the problem of mine. So finally i have got the answer to work with the problem of mine is that to upgrade the system. So if you can then go through the same and update the program.