Thread: Best software for multitrack recording

Best software for multitrack recording

Hello,
    I'm in the process so as to build a home studio. I have the following equipments

- synthesizer korg01wfd
    - sampler akai mpc 2000 xl
    - effect gets alesis MidiVerb 4
    - Large mxl 2006
    - 2.5 ghz computer

I have before me an audio card to pick. Which you could recommend to me? and which software would also be advisable. I could get from a colleague adobe auditions, as he can edit and mix on it. Any more help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thanks for your replies. Thank you.

Re: Best software for multitrack recording

What are your price expectations and what music are you doing exactly? It is, for example, important if you also plan on time to take a whole band. This all factors should be taken into consideration when you planning to buy a hardware or software for your use.

We are dealing with rap songs, produced is hiphop, first band is not in question. I think everything is purely in the audio card, so what is the best audio card. Are important to me to be honest the connections.

- The synthi has 4 outs
    - The sampler has two outs
    - MidiVerb the mic on the audio card?

Any help will be great. By the way thank you for your replies.

Some examples I can give you are

- MBOX 2 of Protools (there is a 32 track Protools LE 7 software included)
    MBOX2
    - M-Audio Firewire Solo Link
    - Focusrite Saffire Link
    - Steinberg Cubase System | 2 Link

This also depends on whether you prefer a PCI or USB / Firewire version. More info can be found here.

The mic on the Midiverb is not in the audio card. You need a preamp with 48V phantom power, such as the audio card built in, but better externally. You could, of course, the Korg and the sampler via MIDI controlling, and only later in each case separately absorb the sounds. Then a solution would also rich 6-channel mixer in order to save one. The six outputs are usually not rich anyway to not have to recording a synth / sampler - traces. Comfortable would be 2 midioutputs, but on Midi-Thru one went well. To my knowledge the most economical and viable solution with 8-channel PCI is the 1010th ESI Included are two MIC preamp with 48V, you could already start times that. That was the low-cost 8-channel group are not exhaustive.

So if I have now understood, mpc on synth (sampler) connect via midi and then this in the audio card. With the microphone preamp I have not so completely understood can you explain this in more detail? Do you think if I mic MidiVerb in subsequently, I need one in between preamp or how do you mean?

Your micro-amplified signal on line height needs so you can take it (now, even the effects unit? Or have you not used micro still does it?). But you can such a small mixer, as recommended by the store, or better use an extra preamp. Since there are in the TB101. In this case would even be a useful basis script included.