Thread: Acrobat 9 (or 9.1) -- Script changes prevents signing

Acrobat 9 (or 9.1) -- Script changes prevents signing

Has anyone faced a weird problem with Acrobat 9 (or 9.1)? The issue with this version of the application is that the script changes prevents signing. When I try to sign the PDF documents, I get the error message saying that The document could not be signed. I am not able to understand why this is happening, as I did not experience the same while I was working with the older version of Acrobat. I am using the Windows 7 operating system. Please share all your views on this topic.

Re: Acrobat 9 (or 9.1) -- Script changes prevents signing

Even if Acrobat 9 is running fine in the Windows 7 operating system, then there is a possibility that some its features may not be supported. This is the same reason why you are not able to sign the PDF documents. Try starting the application in the compatibility mode because there is a possibility that you can get this feature in this mode. The troubleshoot compatibility option will help you to get into this mode.

There is a possibility that Windows 7 is blocking Acrobat 9 from providing the particular feature of signing the PDF documents. There is no need to worry because this is just a security feature that is provided by this operating system.

You have to force this application to run and only after that you will be able to use this feature. Inorder to force this application to run, use the option for Run as Administrator.

If an incompatibility problem is causing the situation that the script changes prevents signing, then you have to download the compatibility tool for this particular application. Make sure to install this tool before the application is installed in your system. This will do all the settings that are required for it to run in the Windows 7 operating system. Just let me know if the problem is solved or not.

I want to thank all of you for the replies and suggestions that you have given for the problem that the Script changes prevents signing in such less amount of time. I have not tried any of the solutions till now. But, I will try out the same and let you all know if any of these have worked or not. If these dont work, then you will have to help me with some other suggestion.