Thread: Trouble placing Ai images into InDesign

Trouble placing Ai images into InDesign

I have marked out a numeral of things in dissimilar layers in Ai. When I place the ai file into ID the images turn out to be the entire pixelated. If I "fill frame proportionally" the pixelation vanish additional than the image is so diminutive you cannot do several of the markings in the image. Assist me I am extremely perplexed. Have tried saving in a numeral of dissimilar formats additional than the similar thing occurs. If I place the image exclusive of the markings in a straight line into ID there is no tribulations. What am I doing wrong.

Re: Trouble placing Ai images into InDesign

The InDesign engender a low declaration preview when you position the Illustrator file. Moreover recognize it or turn of High Resolution Display in the View menu. It does not matter in which format you placed. For the reason that it is vector format merely. So it would not be a difficulty by means of format. And if you do copy and paste in addition the entire objects determine to come accurately without several disturbing. So select your compatible and go ahead.

As a cartographer I used to run by means of FreeHand. At present that I encompass started drawing my maps in Illustrator (CS4), I tranquil have comprised some beginner-questions. I create a map as .ai file, and this map I desire to place in Indesign (CS4). By means of FreeHand, I used to place an eps in Indesign, additional than at present I be able to basically save the .ai as an .ai file that is compatible by means of pdf. Or, I am able to create an .eps file of the map first. Which one do I place in Indesign, the "pdf-" .ai, or the .eps.

Well you might utilize several formats as well. Additional than as eps is a prepress standard I utilize its for linking art to my layouts (vector & raster .eps) on each app I utilize. You have to generate an AI file by means of PDF compatibility, and then utilize that file to place in ID. You be able to then utilize Edit Original from the links panel in ID to create rectification and update the file.

It is an editable paste - you be able to Edit > Copy (Cmd/Ctrl + C) from Illustrator and Edit > Paste (Cmd/Ctrl + P) in InDesign yes. It's then editable in InDesign, if you are feeling determined. You might do that. (I determine to say a word of caution regarding several Photographic images in the Illustrator file. If you are copying a amalgamation of vector and raster from Illustrator and/or lots of 'effects' then I would get a bit anxious it's asking InDesign to do a lot and consequently asking for tribulations.) You might be adding significantly to the file size/complexity of the InDesign file. The key thing regarding this is that you determine to end up by means of an 'out-of-date' illustrator file for the reason that several changes you create in InDesign determine to not be updated back to the original Illustrator file. For this reason you might desire to.

Position a Linked files to me its how you desire to manage the updates (in addition linking maintains the extra data of the illustration so size and difficulty exterior, if you go subsequent to). You might desire to develop a workflow which helps maintain one 'original' file as the one up-to-date version or description to diminish several perplexities. You be able to export editable eps's at present I believe from Illustrator and editable PDF's or you be able to batten them down so that in order to edit the file, InDesign determine to insist you go from side to side the Link panel (or perhaps right hit it off) to edit the source file in Illustrator. Several changes done independently in Illustrator determine to in addition be passed through to InDesign that method. You determine to perhaps necessitate doing some testing as to which file export method you are able to batten down that way as I have not had to be that so disciplined as you perhaps necessitate to be.

Which file format. As for the accurate pro and con in respect of selecting eps, over pdf, over ai. well I work in a numeral of design studios who experience a small number of if any printing tribulations as a result of placing eps, pdf, ai files unswervingly into InDesign and then exporting them as PDF. I have not taken the time to get into the real techie differences connecting the formats for the reason that. Well, I have not desirable to. PDF has positively become the universal 'end' format to go out of the door to the print people so I tend to go for reliability "if in doubt" which means PDF the entire the method. There might be some real advantage to sticking by means of eps. I do not honestly be familiar with.