Thread: Acrobat 9 Pro scrambles MacBook Pro desktop

Acrobat 9 Pro scrambles MacBook Pro desktop

I have Windows XP running in my desktop. I have bought a new MacBook Pro and have installed Acrobat 9 Pro in this system, that is running fine in Windows XP. Well, the problem that I am facing in this new Mac system is that Acrobat 9 Pro scrambles MacBook Pro desktop. When I click on any PDF file, all the desktop icons are rearranged. I am not able to understand why this is happening. So, please help me with any available fix for this problem.

Re: Acrobat 9 Pro scrambles MacBook Pro desktop

I suppose that you are using the version of Acrobat 9 Pro that was developed for the Windows operating systems in the MacBook Pro too. This is the simple reason why Acrobat 9 Pro scrambles MacBook Pro desktop. If this is the case, then you will have to download the version of Acrobat 9 Pro that is meant for the MAC operating systems. There will be no problems after its installation.

The above solution will help to eradicate the problem that Acrobat 9 Pro scrambles MacBook Pro desktop. Well, it is required that you clear off every trace of the current version of the software that you are using. You can get rid of the traces with the help of a tool called Speedup my PC.

if you cannot fix the issue even after installing the correct version of the software, then make sure that you reply about the same here.

I am using the same application in my system that is also running Mac OS, but I am not facing any such issues like Acrobat 9 Pro scrambles MacBook Pro desktop. There must be surely some conflicts that are going on within your system because of which the particular problems are being caused. You will have to find out these conflicts and remove them, so the they will not rearrange the desktop icons again and again.

There is a possibility of a virus infection in your system. They may have affected Acrobat 9 Pro and this is resulting in scrambling of all the desktop icons when the PDF files are opened. There is no need to worry. You have to install an antivirus that is up-to-date and after that, run a full system scan. Remove all the unhealed infections that are detected during this scan.

If an infection is causing the particular problem in your system, then I recommend you to do a boot scan. This is a scan that takes place before the operating system loads. During this time, as all the infections remain inactive, they can be removed easily. All the antivirus do not have this feature. So, you will have to install Avast antivirus to get this feature of boot scan.